Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate
The Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Program (AG PCNP) prepares advanced practice nurses as primary care providers to manage the health individuals from adolescence through adulthood and through end of life in a changing health care system. Emphasis is on health promotion, illness prevention, the management of minor acute illnesses, and chronic complex health management needs of older adults to maximize their health, functional status, and independence. The AGPCNP provides leadership and promotes research to maximize health care delivery services for adults, older adults, and their families. Graduates are prepared to take the National Certification Exam as an Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner through the American Nurses Credentialing Center and are then eligible to be recognized and licensed as advanced practice nurses by the Texas Board of Nursing.
AGPCNP Director: Kathy Daniel, PhD, RN, ANP/GNP-BC
This program provides you a background to:
- Assume responsibility as an Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AG PCNP) to provide health care to adults, elders, their families and communities.
- Collaborate with health professionals and use essential resources to implement quality, continuous care to adults and families and coordinate with multidisciplinary teams the delivery of quality health care across the continuum of elder services.
- Demonstrate confidence in assessment, diagnosis and management of the health needs of adults and their families.
- Provide health care to elders and their families that maximize their quality of life and promote a peaceful death when appropriate.
- Use research and theoretical principles in the management and quality improvement of health care delivery and clinical outcomes in AGPCNP practice using research methodologies.
Post-graduate certificate degree plans are individually created based on a gap analysis of the applicant's MSN transcript and experience. If you have questions about a post masters certificate program and what your specific degree program might look like, you will need to apply for admission to the university, including the submission of your transcripts and curriculum vitae for review.
The degree plan will be based on the MSN AGPCNP course list, which you can find on this page.
Certificate Students take a different Practicum course than MSN students:
|NURS 5632||Advanced Clinical Nursing Practicum||Clinical preceptorships in selected health practice sites with opportunities to apply knowledge, skills and concepts in a guided, progressive context of advanced nursing practice.||Yes:
All Coursework for major. Good academic standing (GPA 3.0) or Cert. Program Standing.
|6 / 360|