About the Smart Hospital™
The Smart Hospital™ is an inclusive Educational and Research entity with a 13,000 square foot Smart Hospital location and a 13,000 square foot Smart Lab location, both conveniently located on The University of Texas at Arlington campus.
The Smart Hospital™ is a simulation hospital with more than 60 patient simulators and 40 standardized patients (specially trained actors) that serve as simulated patients.
The Smart Hospital facility configuration contains:
- a 7-bed Emergency Service Unit
- a 4-bed adult Intensive Care Unit
- a 4-bed adult Medical-Surgical Unit
- 2 Labor and Delivery Mother and Infant Suites
- 2-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- 3-bed Pediatric Care Unit
- 1-bed Team Training Unit to support in-hospital rescue, stabilization and resuscitation skill competency
- 1 Evidence Based Practice Room
- 4 debriefing rooms
- All learning stations have full audio-visual with additional recording capabilities
The Smart Lab facility configuration contains:
- 14 individual private hospital rooms
- 1 Individual private hospital room with a Team Training Environment
- 5 out patient examination rooms
- 4 assessment training rooms
- 3 multi-space Hand Hygiene Training areas
- 1 large multi use room
The Smart Hospital™ facilities include state of the science hospital furnishings (beds, headwalls, nurse stations, and call systems) and equipment (Pyxis™ medication and supply stations with supporting inventory system software, Alaris™ IV pumps, ventilators, a large inventory of task trainers and devices to aide in patient positioning and transfer. These support the Smart Hospital’s mission by providing a real-hospital learning environment. Advanced virtual simulation applications are ready for the students’ hands-on skills practices in our multi-station computer lab.