Department of Kinesiology Academic Advisors
On This Page:
- Before Your Appointment
- Undergraduate BS Exercise Science and BS Public Health Advising
- Undergraduate BA PETE/KINE Advising
- Graduate Advising
- Have a list of questions prepared to ask your advisor.
- Familiarize yourself with your degree plan and start putting together an idea of what you want to take for the following semester.
- Familiarize yourself with the Department of Kinesiology course requirements.
- Make arrangements to be on time to your advising appointment. Students who are late may be rescheduled.
Appointments with the Undergraduate Exercise Science Advisors can be made online using the TimeTrade links below. Undergraduate Exercise & Public Health Advisors also host a walk-in Thursday (more information below).
|A - G||Chad Fuchsemail@example.com||Mr. Fuchs' TimeTrade|
|H - P||Megan Vargasfirstname.lastname@example.org||Ms. Vargas' TimeTrade|
|Q - Z||Courtney Jacksonemail@example.com||Phone - In Person - Virtual Appointment|
Location: The Undergraduate Exercise Science & Public Health advisors are housed in Pickard Hall in the CONHI Advising Center, 1st Floor Room 119, just east of the elevator lobby. Please let the front desk receptionist know you are a Kinesiology Exercise Science or Public Health student.
Walk-In Thursday for Undergraduate Exercise Science and Public Health Students
Every Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. current students may walk-in for advising without an appointment on a first-come, first-served, subject to capacity basis.
Procedure for Walk-In Thursday:
- Check-in begins at 8:00 a.m. in the CONHI Office of Enrollment and Student Services (the advising area) and closes when the last appointment of the day has been filled. You will need to sign in with your UTA ID number.
- Upon arrival, sign-in at the receptionist's window. After selecting a time slot, students are welcome to leave and return to the Office of Enrollment and Student Services (the advising area) ten minutes prior to their selected time to allow time to sign-in on the computer near the receptionist's window.
- Be on time! If you are not present at your scheduled time slot you will lose your chance to meet with an advisor.
- Students are seen on a first-come, first-served basis. Once capacity is reached for the day, Walk-In-Thursday may be closed. Arrival prior to 3:30 p.m. does not guarantee you will be seen if capacity is reached before the designated closure time. Students are encouraged to sign in early to avoid having to return at a later date.
Appointments with the BA in KINE/PETE advisor can be made online using the TimeTrade links below, or by calling the Kinesiology main office at 817-272-3288.
|Advisor||Time Trade Links|
|Dr. Abu Yillafirstname.lastname@example.org||Dr. Yilla's TimeTrade|
Location: The BA KINE/PETE advisor is housed in the Maverick Activities Center (the same building as the Department of Kinesiology main office).
Masters in Exercise Science
Advisor: Dr. Mark Ricard
Advising by appointment only
Masters in Athletic Training
Advisor and Director: Dr. Paul Krawietz
Advising by appointment only