|Welcome to the home page for the 2014 ExxonMobil Bernard Harris Summer Science Camp at The University of Texas at Arlington. The camp is a two-week residential experience for forty-eight 6th, 7th and 8th grade (2014-2015 school year) students from the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex.
A mandatory orientation session will be held for selected campers and parents/guardians from 2:00 to 4:00 pm. The camper and at least one parent or guardian must attend this session.
June 15 to 27
Camper drop-off and the opening ceremony will occur on Sunday, June 15. Student pick-up and the closing ceremony will occur on Friday, June 27
There is no tuition for this summer camp, and 48 campers will be selected. To be eligible for this free camp, students must:
- Be African American, Hispanic, Native American, or qualify for free or reduced lunch
- Be Entering 6th, 7th or 8th grade in the fall of 2014
- Have at least a B average in mathematics and science courses
- Score at least at the median level on TAKS math and science tests
- Write a 250 word (max) essay
- Be recommended by their current math and science teachers
The Student Application form, records and recommendations must be turned in to the UT Arlington College of Science by May 2nd.
Please download the application form from this link