Skip to content




Q: Can I obtain an undergraduate degree by taking some online courses?

A: Yes. The on-campus program does offer some courses online. These are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis during registration and does not guarantee the ability to sign up for these selected courses. We do not offer a completely online undergraduate program. Please plan to do most courses on campus if seeking an on-campus degree.


Q: How do I apply and what are the general admission criteria?

A: Students must apply to the University of Texas at Arlington. Criteria and deadlines are on the admissions website.


Q: How much will it cost to take a course?
A: Tuition and fees will vary depending on the number of hours taken. Please refer to the university's tuition information page.


Q: I have applied and been accepted to UTA. What do I do now?

A: Please contact the undergraduate advisor in your alphabet and set up an appointment to get information such as a degree plan, course information, and to be cleared for registration. Also please register for orientation if you have not done so already.


Q: I am a first-time freshman and have been accepted to UTA. What do I do?

A: You will be advised by the University Advising Center (UAC) until they tell you to start being seen by your department advisor.


Q: What is the difference between full-time and part-time status for undergraduate?

A: Full-time status is 12 credit hours or more.


Q: Will my GPA from all of my courses taken a community college.

A: No. While many courses will transfer to UTA and be used as part of your degree plan, the GPA from those classes is not calculated as part of your UTA GPA.


Q: Where can I find specific information about my classes and professors in the department?

A: You may view course information at this link: You may search for faculty profiles and courses for our faculty members on the Mentis page, which can be found here:


Q:How many of my courses will transfer?

A:All college level academic courses (not vocational/technical/developmental) with a grade of "C" or better will be transferred, although NOT ALL may be applied to the degree. For more information, you can utilize the Transfer Evaluation System.;


Q:When will I know which credits will transfer?

A:When official documents have been submitted and a formal evaluation is done by the transcript evaluators in the Registrar's Office.


Q:There is an "Academic Department" hold on my MyMav account. What does it mean and how can I remove it?

A:Students must be advised each semester before they can register for classes. If you are a new freshman student, you will be advised at orientation. If you are a new transfer student, contact your major department to schedule an advising appointment.


Q: Whom should I contact if I cannot find an answer on the website?

A: Please contact Ms. Cathy Moseley if you have any questions. Her address is Her number is 817-272-0318.