APS-Alpha Phi Sigma
JOIN Alpha Phi Sigma (APS) TODAY!
What is APS?
- Alpha Phi Sigma is the only Criminal Justice Honor Society for Criminal Justice Majors. The society recognizes academic excellence of undergraduate and graduate students of the criminal justice field, as well as those with juris doctorate degrees.The mission of Alpha Phi Sigma is to promote analytical thinking, rigorous scholarship, and life long learning. Undergraduate students must have declared a major, minor, or equivalent in the criminal justice field. They must also have completed three full time semesters or its equivalent, and have a minimum GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale. Alpha Phi Sigma participates in criminal justice related activities and volunteering throughout the semester.
How can you be a part of APS?
- Qualify with a 3.2 GPA.
- Be a CRCJ Major or Minor.
- Complete at least 3 semesters at the university level.
- Complete at least 4 CRCJ courses at UTA.
What are the requirements to be inducted into APS?
- Complete a total of 5 community service hours this semester.
- Attend 4 APS meetings.
- Participate in one fundraiser.
- Attend at least one social.
Download and complete the Student Member Application (U.S. Chapters) at this page: http://www.alphaphisigma.org. Deliver the completed application, along with the one-time fee of $70 (cashier’s check or money order only) to Prof. Zerita Hall’s mailbox in University Hall 362.