1. TAKE THE THEA
THEA test scores (or proof of exemption) are not required for Admission, but are required in order to enroll in classes. More information: THEA Test
- University Advising Center 817-272-3140 (general THEA questions)
- Testing Services 817-272-2362 (if you need to schedule a test date)
2. COMPLETE YOUR ADMISSIONS FILE
Make sure all FINAL transcripts (high school and college) and all other required documents have been sent to the UTA Admissions Office, First Floor Davis Hall, 817-272-6287.
3. READ THE CATALOG
The Undergraduate Catalog is your guide to the University. The catalog is available to view online at www.uta.edu/catalog. Read the sections regarding Registration, Tuition, Fees and Charges, Financial Aid, Academic Regulations, Degree Program Requirements, Graduation and the pages pertaining to your major
- You must take the Math Placement Test (MPT) and/or Calculus Readiness Test (CRT) in order to be able to take college level math at UTA. It is offered in Room 478 Pickard Hall, 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, 817-272-3261
- Make sure Assessment Services has any AP or CLEP test scores and complete the ‘Petition to Record Credit by Examination’ form. Assessment Services, Second Floor Davis Hall, 817-272-2362.
Meet with your academic advisor to get approval to register.
- Undeclared Students: University Advising Center 817-272-3140
- Pre-majors and Majors, see your academic department www.uta.edu/uta/colleges
Pick the days and times for your classes and register yourself in classes online by logging into the MyMav system http://www.uta.edu/mymav. Don’t forget to order a parking pass when you register if you’ll need one.
Verify your financial aid (if you applied and qualified) and pay your bill
- Financial Aid Office, Second Floor Davis Hall, 817-272-3561
- Bursar’s Office, First Floor Davis Hall OR University Center, 817-272-2172
8. IDENTIFY YOURSELF
Get your Student ID in the Mav Express Office, University Center,
300 W First Street, 817-272-2645
9. BUY YOUR TEXTBOOKS
Just take a copy of your class schedule to the UTA Bookstore, 400 S Pecan Street, 817-272-2785, and they can help you select the right books. Or, buy your books online at
10. ACTIVATE YOUR UTA E-MAIL
All students are automatically assigned a UTA e-mail account. All official communications are sent to this address, whether or not you check it! Instructions available here: www.uta.edu/email