Financial Aid & Scholarships
Below you will find links regarding financial aid and scholarships for both on- and off-campus. Although OSD regularly updates these listings, some information may have changed. Also, funding institutions may change their requirements and deadlines. All questions regarding off-campus scholarships and grants should be directed towards the contacts provided. Information is sorted by categories in order to make searching for scholarships easier. Review each scholarship carefully to determine if you meet requirements.
Craig H. Neilsen Foundation Scholarship for Students with Spinal Cord Injury
The Craig H. Neilsen Foundation Scholarship for Students with Spinal Cord Injury is available to all eligible students. The scholarship will be awarded to at least two students to cover tuition, fees, books and supplies and may be renewed each year contingent upon steady progress toward a degree. Selected Neilsen Scholars also will be eligible to apply to a Supplemental Support Fund designed to help reduce barriers to academic success.
Qualifications are as follows:
- Must be a student with a spinal cord injury (SCI)
- Must be attending or admitted to attend UT Arlington
- Must register with the Office for Students with Disabilities to have SCI documented and to be familiar with the University’s accommodations and services prior to applying for the scholarship
- Enroll in a full load of courses (at least 12 hours at UT Arlington for undergraduate, 9 hours for graduate students) each semester
- Maintain at least a 2.5 GPA
- Engage in campus and community life
- Agree to an Academic Excellence Plan to support progress toward on-time graduation
- Participate in a report at the end of each academic year to the Craig H. Neilsen Foundation
If you have any questions, please contact Doug Garner, 817-272-3410, firstname.lastname@example.org
Allan Saxe Scholarship
This prestigious scholarship is awarded each fall and spring semester to a student with a disability who excels academically at The University of Texas at Arlington as well as in community/leadership activities.
Applications are available in the Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD) for your convenience or you can access information on our website at www.uta.edu/disability. If you experience difficulty, give us a call at 817-272-3364 and we will mail a copy to you.
In addition, OSD will secure a copy of your transcript once we have reviewed your application for its completeness.
All application materials and letters of recommendation must be in our office by 5:00 PM, March 1, 2016 for your application to be considered complete.
Resources for Scholarship Seekers
- American Library Association ASCLA Century Scholarship
- Foundation for Science and Disability, Inc.
- International Art Show by Artists with Disabilities
- Panasonic Young Soloist Award
- Microsoft Scholarship Program - Microsoft Corporation
- Fort Worth Mayor's Committee On Persons With Disabilities Scholarship
Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf
- Sertoma International
- The Mille Brother Scholarship - Children of Deaf Adults (CODA)
- Graeme Clark Cochlear Scholarship
Blind or Low Vision
- American Council of the Blind Scholarship Program
- American Foundation for the Blind
- William and Dorothy Ferrell Scholarship - Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Kathryn F. Gruber Scholarship Program - Blinded Veterans Association
- Christian Record Service, Inc.
- Council of Citizens with Low Vision international (CCLVI)
- National Federation of the Blind
- The Mary P. Oenslager Scholastic Achievement Awards - Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic
- Arthur E. and Helen Copeland Scholarships - United States Association of Blind Athletes
- Friends in Art Scholarships
- Anne Ford Scholarship - National Center for Learning Disabilities, Inc.
- Anne and Matt Harbison Award - P. Buckley Moss Society
- The Marion Huber Learning Through Listening Awards - Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic
- Hydrocephalus Association
- Chairscholars Foundation, Inc.
- National MS Society Scholarship Program - Scholarship Management Services, Scholarship America
- Spina Bifida Association of America
- USA Funds Access to Education Scholarships - Citizen's Scholarship Foundation of America, Inc. (CSFA)
- B.R.I.D.G.E. Endowment fund - Future Farmers of America (PDF)
- Scholarship Program for Amputee College Students - National Amputation Foundation
- Just Walkers Mobility Scholarship
- Kevin Child Scholarship - National Hemophilia Foundation
- HFA Educational Scholarship - Hemophilia Federation of America
- Beth Carew Memorial Scholarship - The Colburn-Keenan Foundation, Inc.
- Education is Power Scholarship - MedPro Rx, Inc.
- Patient Advocate Foundation
- Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults
- Elizabeth Nash Foundation
- The Boomer Esiason Foundation Scholarship Program - Boomer Esiason Foundation
- The Asthma & Allergy Foundation of America, Texas
- Stephen A. Segar Scholarship Program - Epilepsy Foundation of Rochester, Syracuse, Binghamton
- UCB Family Epilepsy Scholarship Program
Help Is on the Way
More than 63% of UT Arlington students receive some type of financial assistance. The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships can help you with the process of applying for a variety of scholarships, grants, work, and loan programs.