Event and Program Information
Faculty and Staff Calendar of Events
UT Arlington Calendar
EXCEL Campus Activities
Faculty Enrichment Programs
Faculty Mentoring Program
Office of Information Technology: Classroom and Individual Training Opportunities
Campus Diversity Publications
Resources on Campus
African American Faculty and Staff Association
Employment at UT Arlington
Employment of Persons with Disabilities
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action
Faculty and Staff Links
Faculty Grievance Procedure
Faculty Support Programs
General student demographic and University information
Historically Underutilized Business ( HUB ) Program
Library: Multicultural Collection
Office of Human Resources Management and Development
Office of the Provost and VP for Academic Affairs
UT Arlington Faculty Senate
UT Arlington and the AASU
Resources Off Campus
Doctoral and Post-Doctoral Fellowships announced for 2012-2013
In support of the university’s continuing commitment to advance scholars from underrepresented groups in higher education, The University of Texas at Arlington has created Doctoral and Post-Doctoral Fellowships to develop scholars from underrepresented groups for possible tenure-track appointments as available and appropriate. Application link below.
- Establish relationships with scholars from other institutions, with the goal of enhancing relationships between other scholars and faculty, staff, and students at UT Arlington.
- Support and enhance the campus climate of diversity and inclusion.
- Increase the number of role models for students from underrepresented minority groups in particular and majority groups as well.
- Identify potential candidates for tenure-track faculty positions.
- UT Arlington is particularly interested in candidates in the STEM fields.
Beginning in Spring 2012, UT Arlington will award three in-residence fellowships. The duration of the Postdoctoral fellowships awarded will be one academic school year. This year’s Postdoctoral fellowships will run from August 2012 through May 2013, but are renewable for one additional academic year.
The fellowship programs are open to all areas of study (see www.uta.edu). Preference will be given to U.S. citizens and permanent residents from underrepresented minority groups who meet the following criteria:
- Graduate students in the final year of their dissertation or completion of their terminal degree.
- Candidates who are ABD will be considered, but the fellowship requires all other doctoral requirements must be met by May 31, 2012.
- Doctoral or other terminal degree candidates will be invited to the university for nine months. Scholars will be engaged full-time in research and may elect to teach only one course per fiscal year.
Stipends and Allowances
Fellows will receive an annual stipend of $30,000 USD and a research allowance of $2,000 USD. The university will also provide a medical and dental benefits package.
1. A fellowship application (which would include a personal statement and reason for applying to UT Arlington).
2. A curriculum vitae.
3. An official transcript from institution granting terminal degree.
4. Statement of research goals.
5. Three letters of reference from individuals familiar with applicant’s scholarly or creative work.
6. Submission of one of the following:
- Defended dissertation proposal (doctoral students who have not yet defended the dissertation)
- Statement of how the applicant’s professional experience prepares her or him for a faculty position (for professionals entering academe after a period of receiving terminal degree).
Deadlines for 2012-2013
All materials must be received by January 6, 2012. Applicants will be notified of decisions by March 31, 2012, and commitments must be made by April 30, 2012. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Materials will not be returned.
Email requests for an application or questions to FacultyFellowships@uta.edu
Send completed application and CV to: FacultyFellowships@uta.edu or The University of Texas at Arlington, Faculty Fellowships, Campus Box 19569, Arlington TX 76019-0569
The University of Texas at Arlington is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. This is a security sensitive position and a criminal background check will be conducted on finalists.