i>clicker Audience Response System
ETSS is proud to announce that after months of faculty meetings, consultations and classroom testing that there is a new clicker standard at UT Arlington—the i>clicker.
The i>clicker Audience Response System enables students and faculty to interact dynamically through question-and-answer polling in various settings vis-a-vis the intuitive interface, mobile app, and hand-held devices.
Whether used simply for taking attendance in large classes or for spontaneous discussions or polls, the i>clicker will assist faculty in delivering a truly collaborative learning experience.
One notable feature of the i>clicker is that it privately displays polling results before they are revealed to the room allowing faculty to decide on appropriate discussion strategies in real-time.
i>clicker also integrates with Bb Learn.
If you have questions about i>clicker on campus or for training, contact Don Lane at email@example.com.
Getting Started with i>clicker
Step 1: Order your i>clicker Instructor Kit
To order your i>clicker instructor Kit, please contact the i>clicker Sales Rep for UTA:
Please send her 3 important pieces of information:
1) Course name/number
2) Approximate enrollment
3) Your preferred shipping address to receive your kit
Step 2: Order Student i>clickers from the UTA Bookstore
You will need to place an order with the UTA Bookstore for i>clicker units, the same as you would if you were ordering books. The ISBN for the i>clicker2 is 1429280476. Just as with books, the students will have to go to the bookstore and purchase an i>clicker unit, unless they already have purchased one for a different class.
For more information please contact Textbook Manager - Shiva Mirsaeedi firstname.lastname@example.org
i>clicker & Blackboard Integration
i>clicker Integrate is a wizard that provides a seamless integration of data between Blackboard and i>clicker/i>grader.
- Instructors must download the i>clicker Software on their computer or a USB drive. Make sure to download version 6.4.1 (not 7).
- Download the i>clicker integrate wizard authenticated files. These are specific for UTA.
- For Windows Copy the CMS Integrate Wizard.exe, CMS_Wizard.xml, Config.xml, CMS Integrate WizardLibs (folder) into the Resource sub-folder of your i>clicker Win folder.
- For Macintosh Copy the CMS Integrate Wizard.exe, CMS_Wizard.xml, Config.xml, into the Resource sub-folder of your iclicker Mac folder
- Blackboard integration video and user guide (PDF download at the bottom of the page): http://support.iclicker.com/customer/portal/articles/1567083-i%3Eclicker-integrate-blackboard-learn-v9-1-
- General i>clicker user guide: http://support.iclicker.com/customer/portal/articles/1575847-user-guide-6-4-1
- i>clicker how-to videos: http://support.iclicker.com/customer/portal/topics/663461--instructors-videos/articles