Get the latest news from our Facebook
May 5, 2016
Congratulations to Usman Raza for winning the 2016 Outstanding GTA Award.
Apr 28, 2016
Congratulations to Waqas Ali for defending his PhD with flying colors.
Feb 26, 2016
Dr. Iqbal wins Excellence in Research Faculty award.
Feb 25, 2016
Congratulations to Adeel Sajid, Samir Nathu, and Raziul Hasan for winning 2nd place in the 3rd annual E-Week Challenge at UT Arlington.
Feb 16, 2016
Our work on early cancer detection makes headlines in Pakistan as well as local news sites.
Oct 20, 2015
Congratulations to Muhymin Islam for defending his PhD with flying colors.
Oct 20, 2015
Dr. Iqbal recognized as an outstanding faculty mentor at UTA ACES.
Apr 8, 2015
Congratulations to Maryam Alam and Frank Villareal for winning 1st place in the Elevator Pitch competition at UT Arlington.
Mar 25, 2015
Congratulations to Nuzhat Mansur for Honorable Mention at UTA ACES.
Feb 19, 2015
Congratulations to Muhymin Islam for winning this year's Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control Scholarship.
The Nano-Bio Lab focuses on the sensing and detection of biological targets and interactions using novel solid state devices. Our research aims at development of specific and ultrasensitive nanoscale biosensors and systems with the potential of characterizing biological processes at the molecular level.
Selected Recent Publications
- W. Ali, F. J. Moghaddam, M. U. Raza, L. Bui, B. Sayles, Y.-t. Kim and S. M. Iqbal, "Electromechanical transducer for rapid detection, discrimination and quantification of lung cancer cells," Nanotechnology, vol. 27, no. 19, pp. 1-10 (2016). DOI: 10.1088/0957-4484/27/19/195101
- M. Islam, M. M. Bellah, A. Sajid, M. R. Hasan, Y.-t. Kim and S. M. Iqbal, "Effects of Nanotexture on Electrical Profiling of Single Tumor Cell and Detection of Cancer from Blood in Microfluidic Channels," Scientific Reports, vol. 5, no. 13031, pp. 1-9 (2015). DOI: 10.1038/srep13031
- M. A. I. Mahmood, M. R. Hasan, U. J. M. Khan, P. B. Allen, Y.-t. Kim, A. D. Ellington and S. M. Iqbal, "One-step tumor detection from dynamic morphology tracking on aptamer-grafted surfaces," Technology, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 1-7 (2015). DOI: 10.1142/S2339547815500089
- H. Ma, J. Liu, M. M. Ali, M. A. I. Mahmood, L. Labanieh, M. Lu, S. M. Iqbal, Q. Zhang, W. Zhao, and Y. Wan, "Nucleic Acid Aptamers in Cancer Research, Diagnosis and Therapy," Chemical Society Reviews, vol. 44, pp. 1240-1256 (2015). DOI: 10.1039/C4CS00357H
- A. Ilyas, W. Asghar, Y.-t. Kim and S. M. Iqbal, "Parallel Recognition of Cancer Cells using Addressable Array of Solid-state Micropores," Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 62, pp. 343-349 (2014). DOI: 10.1016/j.bios.2014.06.048
- A. Ilyas, W. Asghar, S. Ahmed, Y. Lotan, J.-T. Hsieh, Y.-t.
Kim and S. M. Iqbal, "Electrophysiological Analysis of Biopsy
Samples using Elasticity as an Inherent Cell Marker for Cancer
Detection," Analytical Methods, vol. 6, no. 18, pp. 7166-7174 (2014). DOI:
10.1039/C4AY00781F (COVER ARTICLE)
- M. M. Bellah, M. Islam, A. Ilyas, A. D. Ellington, Y.-t. Kim and S. M. Iqbal, "Differential behavior of EGFR-overexpressing cancer cells through aptamer-functionalized micropores," Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, vol. 17, no. 6, pp 983-992 (2014). DOI: 10.1007/s10404-014-1402-2
More Publications >>