The Nano-Bio Lab focuses on the sensing and detection of biological targets and interactions using novel solid state devices. Our research aims at development of specific and ultrasensitive nanoscale biosensors and systems with the potential of characterizing biological processes at the molecular level.
Selected Recent Publications
- Q. Zheng, S. M. Iqbal and Y. Wan, "Cell
Detachment: Post-isolation Challenges,"
Journal of Biotechnology Advances, vol. 31, no. 8, pp.
- A. Ilyas, M. Islam, W. Asghar, J. U. Menon, A. S. Wadajkar, K. T.
Nguyen, S. M. Iqbal, "Salt-leaching
Synthesized Porous PLGA Nanoparticles show Enhanced Drug Release,"
IEEE Transactions on
Nanotechnology, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 1082-1088, (2013).
- Y. Wan, D. Tamuly, P. B. Allen, Y.-T. Kim, R. Bachoo, A. D.
Ellington and S. M. Iqbal, "Proliferation
and Migration of Tumor Cells in Tapered Channels,"
Biomedical Microdevices, vol. 15, pp. 635-643, (2013).
- W. Asghar, Y. Wan, A. Ilyas, R. Bachoo, Y.-t. Kim and S. M.
Fingerprinting, 3D Profiling and Detection of Tumor Cells with
Lab on a Chip,
vol. 12, no. 13, pp. 2345-2352 (2012). DOI: 10.1039/C2LC21012F.
- Y. Wan, M. A. I. Mahmood, N. Li, P. B. Allen, Y.-t. Kim, R. Bachoo, A.
D. Ellington and S. M. Iqbal, "Nanotextured
Substrates with Immobilized Aptamers for Cancer Cell Isolation
Cancer, vol. 118, no. 4, pp. 1145-1154 (2012). DOI: 10.1002/cncr.26349.
- Y. Wan, J. Tan, W. Asghar, Y.-t. Kim, Y. Liu and S. M.
Effect on Aptamers-based Circulating Tumor Cell Isolation in
The Journal of
Physical Chemistry B, vol. 115, no. 47, pp. 13891–13896
(2011). DOI: 10.1021/jp205511m
- Y. Wan, Y.-t. Kim, N. Li, S. K. Cho, R. Bachoo, A. D.
Ellington and S. M. Iqbal, "Surface Immobilized Aptamers
for Cancer Cell Isolation and Microscopic Cytology,"
vol. 70, no. 22, pp. 9371-9380 (2010)
More Publications >>