Feb 19, 2015
Congratulations to Muhymin Islam for winning this year's Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control Scholarship.
Dec 16, 2014
Congratulations to Raziul Hasan for winning the Kelcy Warren Engineering Scholarship.
Dec 11, 2014
Congratulations to Motasim Bellah for winning the Spring 2015 Dissertation Fellowship.
Aug 23, 2014
Our paper appears on the cover of Analytical Methods.
June 25, 2014
We received $480,000 NSF grant as part of a multi-institutional research team to build a bladder cancer detection device.
April 26, 2014
Congratulations to Raziul Hasan for the Best Mentor Award in the UTA Electrical Engineering Dept.
Mar 26, 2014
Congratulations to Nuzhat for winning Women's & Gender Studies Student Excellence Award at ACES.
Jan 15, 2014
Congratulations to Arif for winning Dean of Graduate School
Oct 15, 2013
Congratulations to Azhar for his work on the cover of IEEE
Transactions on Nanotechnology.
April 18, 2013
Dr. Iqbal selected for Honorable Mention for Best Academic
Advisor 2012-13 at the University of Texas at Arlington.
May 22, 2012
We got $25K award from Cancer Research Foundation of North Texas.
May 9, 2012
Our work appeared on the
IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology.
March 4, 2011
highlighted at the dedication of
The Nano-Bio Lab focuses on the sensing and detection of biological targets and interactions using novel solid state devices. Our research aims at development of specific and ultrasensitive nanoscale biosensors and systems with the potential of characterizing biological processes at the molecular level.
Selected Recent Publications
- A. Ilyas, W. Asghar, Y.-t. Kim and S. M. Iqbal, "Parallel Recognition of Cancer Cells using Addressable Array of Solid-state Micropores," Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 62, pp. 343-349 (2014). DOI: 10.1016/j.bios.2014.06.048
- M. A. I. Mahmood, W. Ali, A. Adnan and S. M. Iqbal, "3D Structural Integrity and Interactions of Single-stranded Protein-binding DNA in a Functionalized Nanopore,"The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 118, no. 22, pp. 5799–5806 (2014). DOI: 10.1021/jp411820w.
- M. M. Bellah, M. Islam, A. Ilyas, A. D. Ellington, Y.-t. Kim and S. M. Iqbal, "Differential behavior of EGFR-overexpressing cancer cells through aptamer-functionalized micropores," Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, vol. 17, no. 6, pp 983-992 (2014). DOI: 10.1007/s10404-014-1402-2
- Q. Zheng, S. M. Iqbal and Y. Wan, "Cell
Detachment: Post-isolation Challenges,"
Journal of Biotechnology Advances, vol. 31, no. 8, pp.
- A. Ilyas, M. Islam, W. Asghar, J. U. Menon, A. S. Wadajkar, K. T.
Nguyen, S. M. Iqbal, "Salt-leaching
Synthesized Porous PLGA Nanoparticles show Enhanced Drug Release,"
IEEE Transactions on
Nanotechnology, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 1082-1088, (2013).
- Y. Wan, D. Tamuly, P. B. Allen, Y.-T. Kim, R. Bachoo, A. D.
Ellington and S. M. Iqbal, "Proliferation
and Migration of Tumor Cells in Tapered Channels,"
Biomedical Microdevices, vol. 15, pp. 635-643, (2013).
- W. Asghar, Y. Wan, A. Ilyas, R. Bachoo, Y.-t. Kim and S. M.
Fingerprinting, 3D Profiling and Detection of Tumor Cells with
Lab on a Chip,
vol. 12, no. 13, pp. 2345-2352 (2012). DOI: 10.1039/C2LC21012F.
- Y. Wan, M. A. I. Mahmood, N. Li, P. B. Allen, Y.-t. Kim, R. Bachoo, A.
D. Ellington and S. M. Iqbal, "Nanotextured
Substrates with Immobilized Aptamers for Cancer Cell Isolation
Cancer, vol. 118, no. 4, pp. 1145-1154 (2012). DOI: 10.1002/cncr.26349.
- Y. Wan, J. Tan, W. Asghar, Y.-t. Kim, Y. Liu and S. M.
Effect on Aptamers-based Circulating Tumor Cell Isolation in
The Journal of
Physical Chemistry B, vol. 115, no. 47, pp. 13891–13896
(2011). DOI: 10.1021/jp205511m
- Y. Wan, Y.-t. Kim, N. Li, S. K. Cho, R. Bachoo, A. D.
Ellington and S. M. Iqbal, "Surface Immobilized Aptamers
for Cancer Cell Isolation and Microscopic Cytology,"
vol. 70, no. 22, pp. 9371-9380 (2010)
More Publications >>