The following scholarships are offered only to Electrical Engineering majors at The University of Texas at Arlington.
N. M. Stelmakh Outstanding Student Research Award
N. M. Stelmakh Outstanding Student Research Award is given annually to an Electrical Engineering student in recognition of excellence in research demonstrated at the University of Texas at Arlington. This Award was endowed in 2011 to honor Dr. N. M. Stelmakh, a faculty member of the UTA’s EE Department from 2003 to 2010, who had made distinguished contributions in the field of short-pulsed semiconductor lasers and had been known for his inspirational teaching and mentoring style.
The Bernard and Ann Svihel Memorial Scholarships
This scholarship is for electrical engineering students who are currently enrolled or have been accepted for enrollment in the upcoming semester, who have a history of academic achievement and who have a need for financial assistance.
The Jack Fitzer Endowed Scholarship
To be eligible for this scholarship, a student must be currently enrolled or accepted for enrollment in the coming semester, have a history of academic achievement, and be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
The Professor Paul M. Cunningham Endowed Scholarship
Eligibility qualifications for this scholarship include:
- Undergraduate EE student currently enrolled or accepted for enrollment in the coming semester.
- Working student
- Attendance at evening classes
- Recipient of this scholarship may not receive financial aid or other compensation from UT Arlington, government funding or employer reimbursement for education expenses.
The Floyd Cash Endowed Scholarship
This scholarship is for electrical engineering students who are currently enrolled or have been accepted for enrollment in the upcoming semester, who have a history of academic achievement and who have a demonstrated need for financial assistance.
RIM Graduate Scholarship
Each successful applicant will receive a cash award and an award certificate.
- Must be a graduate student in EE at UTA
- Cumulative GPA at UTA >= 3.5
- Must have taken at least 2 graduate courses related to telecommunications at UTA that may include Wireless Communications, RF Circuit Design, Real Time Embedded Control Systems, Network Architecture, Information Theory, Data Communications, Telecommunication Systems, Antennas, Wireless and Cellular Propagation, and similar courses.