STATEMENT ON ETHICS, PROFESSIONALISM, AND CONDUCT
FOR ENGINEERING STUDENTS
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT ARLINGTON
The College cannot and will not tolerate any form of academic dishonesty by its students. This includes, but is not limited to cheating on examinations, plagiarism, or collusion (explained below).
Cheating on an examination includes:
- Copying from another's paper, any means of communication with another during an examination, giving aid to or receiving aid from another during an examination;
- Using any material during an examination that is unauthorized by the proctor;
- Taking or attempting to take an examination for another student or allowing another student to take or attempt to take an examination for oneself.
- Using, obtaining, or attempting to obtain by any means the whole or any part of a not-yet-administered examination.
- Plagiarism is the unacknowledged incorporation of another's work into work which the student offers for credit.
- Collusion is the unauthorized collaboration of another in preparing work that a student offers for credit.
For a more detailed description of each violation, reference the Student Code of Conduct.