Aerospace Engineering Minor
To receive a minor in Aerospace Engineering, a student must complete 18 hours of course work as listed below. Prerequisites must be met for all courses. All courses used to satisfy AE Minor requirements must be completed with a grade of C or better. In addition, at least 9 hours must be MAE courses taken in residence at UTA and approved in advance by the MAE undergraduate advisor.
9 hours required:
- MAE 2312 (Solid Mechanics)
- MAE 2323 (Dynamics)
- MAE 2315 (Fluid Dynamics), or MAE 2314 (Fluid Mechanics)
9 hours of courses selected from the following:
- MAE 3303 (Compressible Flow)
- MAE 3304 (Astronautics I)
- MAE 3405 (Flight Dynamics)
- MAE 3406 (Flight Performance and Stability)
- MAE 3315 (Aerospace Structural Statics)
- MAE 3316 (Aerospace Structural Dynamics)
- MAE 4321 (Air-breathing Engine Propulsion) as well as all requrired prerequisites for the three chosen coures.