Nuclear Energy and Engineering High School Workshop
- Nuclear Engineering Minor
- Requirements for Minor
- Course Descriptions
- Advisory Committee
- Nuclear Energy and Engineering
High School Workshop
Scholarships / Internships
- The Cook Energy Summer Intern Program
- US Nuclear Regulatory Commission Student Programs
- US Nuclear Regulatory Commission Safety Professional Development Program
- Scholarships at AboutNuclear.org
- Fellowships at AboutNuclear.org
- Internships at AboutNuclear.org
- Scholarships, Internships, Fellowships at the Nuclear Energy Institute
In its 50th anniversary year, the University of Texas at Arlington College of Engineering started a new program to offer a minor in Nuclear Engineering. In order to promote this program and the other UTA engineering majors, the College will offer a one-day high school workshop on Nuclear Energy and Engineering.
Intended for incoming high school juniors, seniors and students just graduated, this workshop will be offered in the summer of 2013. The workshop will feature talks about nuclear energy and the field of nuclear engineering, a laboratory visit, and hands-on experiments to measure radioactivity in common materials. Students will also learn about the electrical engineering and mechanical engineering majors at UT Arlington and how the nuclear minor fits with these programs.
Each workshop is limited to 20 participants and the students will receive lunch and a T-shirt. For more information and to register for the Nuclear Energy and Engineering camp, contact Dr. Lynn Peterson, email@example.com.
Agenda for August 9, 2014 Coming Soon