Engineering Researchers, Projects Showcased Sept. 19
Sunday, September 8, 2013
Research projects by several engineering faculty members are highlighted at the Texas Medical Research Collaborative Project Showcase Event 1-4:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 19, at Texas Health Resources, 612 E. Lamar Blvd. Admission is free, but registration is required.
TxMRC is a research partnership among universities, health care providers, and corporations that provides grants for research on real-world medical problems and helps develop new technologies.
Grant recipients from 2012 will present updates at the event. The participating engineering faculty members and their projects are:
• George Alexandrakis, (LPI) associate professor of bioengineering—A near‐infrared brain imaging system for the continuous bedside monitoring of intra-cranial pressure buildup in patients with traumatic brain injury.
• Heather Beardsley, (LPI) research engineer at TMAC; Brian Dennis, associate professor of mechanical and aerospace engineering; Raul Fernandez, professor of mechanical and aerospace engineering; J.-C. Chiao, professor of electrical engineering—Sleep related SUID monitoring system based on CO2 sensor technology.
• Hanli Liu, (LPI) professor of biomedical engineering—Implementation, validation, and translation of a hyper-spectral imaging device for fast skin cancer diagnosis.
• Yuan Bo Peng, (LPI) associate professor of psychology; J.-C. Chiao—Development of a wireless implantable closed-loop device for major depressive disorder.
• Khosrow Behbehani, professor of bioengineering and dean of the College of Engineering—Computerized infusion and monitoring system for fetal blood transfusion.
MSE Seminar: Paschalis Alexandridis
Fri, Mar 14 – 2:00 pm
Bioengineering 40th Anniversary Celebration
Wed, Mar 19 – 12:00 pm
Engineering Speaker Series: John Rogers
Wed, Mar 19 – 6:00 pm
Regulating Commercial Nuclear Power Plant Operators
Wed, Apr 2 – 7:00 am
Engineering Speaker Series: Diandra Leslie-Pelecky
Thu, Apr 3 – 6:00 pm
UTA Engineering Saturday
Sat, Apr 12 – 9:00 am
MAE Graduation Banquet
Fri, May 2 – 6:00 pm
Sat, May 10 – 3:00 pm