commissaire inspector dottore
academic and personal thoughts on detective-inspector novels
the city and the city
In a surreal city partitioned by the convention of ignoring what happens on the other side of an invisible divide, a woman is killed in one half and dumped in the other, leading to a puzzle and a parlous investigation for Inspector Tyador Borlú.
body count: two
methods of killing: blunt-force trauma (priceless artifact); rifle shot
narrative type: first person
- Miéville, China. The City & the City. New York: Del Rey Ballantine, 2009. Reprinted 2010.
- ___. Die Stadt & die Stadt. Translated by Eva Bauche-Eppers. Köln: Bastei Lübbe, 2010.
- ___. The City & the City. Translated by Nathalie Mège. Paris: Fleuve Noir, 2011.
- ___. La città e la città. Translated by Maurizio Nati. Roma: Fanucci, 2011.
- ___. La ciudad y la ciudad. Translated by Silvia Schettin Perez. Madrid: La Factoría de Ideas, 2012
this is the edition that I cite