Civil War Novels from the 1860s
Civil War novels began to be published in the first years of the War itself -- much as World War II movies were made even in the early 1940s. The end of the War saw a growth market in fiction, often written by demobilized veterans.
- 1863. Adams, William Taylor. The Soldier Boy.
- 1863. Adams, William Taylor. The Sailor Boy.
- 1865. Adams, William Taylor. The Young Lieutenant.
- 1865. Adams, William Taylor. The Yankee Middy.
- 1866. Adams, William Taylor. Fighting Joe.
- 1866. Adams, William Taylor. Brave Old Salt.
- 1867. De Forest, John W. Miss Ravenel's Conversion from Secession to Loyalty.
- 1868. Davis, Rebecca Harding. Waiting for the Verdict.
- 1868. Fosdick, Charles Austin. Frank on the Lower Mississippi.