Specifications for Website Project Submissions
Back to the syllabus
My own Emily Dickinson site will be the basic model for your individual site projects. Each site must include:
- A brief biography of the poet, giving dates of birth and death (if dead), education, residence (where significant), major life events.
- A capsule primary bibliography of major publications by the poet.
- A ten-item secondary bibliography of recent and major commentary on the poet's work (this can include reviews).
- A brief critical paragraph giving your appraisal of the poet's work.
- A brief excerpt from the poet's work, where that work is in public domain or where you have obtained express permission to reproduce it.
- Links to everything you can find on the World Wide Web that is of relevance to the items listed above.
- Visuals are not required but are welcome; again, make sure you have express permission from the owner to reproduce any copyrighted material.
This material must be submitted to me, at least a week in advance of your presentation date (see below), on a floppy disk (either MAC or IBM format is OK). The material should take the form of several HTML files, plus JPEG or GIF files if you are using visuals, backgrounds, or other graphics. Do not name any of your files index.html. There is no need to set up a folder or folders for your files; all of your material will be placed in a single directory on the course web site, which you will have to yourself. Therefore, you can link internally among your files simply by linking to a relative filename: e.g. to link from poems.html to bio.html use only "bio.html" as the link address.
(Mario Ezeh) Mon 5 Apr
Phillis Wheatley (Michelle Brockington) Mon 5 Apr
Ralph Waldo Emerson (Christie Bonham) Wed 7 Apr
Edgar Allan Poe (Andrea Sandoval) Wed 7 Apr
Walt Whitman (Geraldina Cobos) Mon 12 Apr
Stephen Crane (Corinne Aldert) Mon 12 Apr
Robert Frost (Alex King) Wed 14 Apr
William Carlos Williams (Rebecca Johnson) Wed 14 Apr
Marianne Moore (Lauren Jerram) Fri 16 Apr
Langston Hughes (Amy Wethington) Fri 16 Apr
Claude McKay (Sharon Greene) Mon 19 Apr
Elizabeth Bishop (Heather Moore) Mon 19 Apr
Gwendolyn Brooks (Leslie Brown) Wed 21 Apr
Sylvia Plath (Yolanda Stoker) Wed 21 Apr
Anne Sexton (Roy Whitfill) Fri 23 Apr
Allen Ginsberg (Michelle Heath) Fri 23 Apr
Lorna Dee Cervantes (Dominique Gonzales) Mon 26 Apr
Audre Lorde (Dawn Bien) Mon 26 Apr
Maya Angelou (Margaret Dreadin) Wed 28 Apr
Ai (Rory McDonough) Wed 28 Apr
Rita Dove (Reagan Lister) Fri 30 Apr
Simon Ortiz (Margot Smith) Fri 30 Apr
- Edward Taylor