Halloween Casino Night
Thursday, October 30 | 8 p.m. – midnight | Bluebonnet Ballroom, University Center
An evening of free casino games, treats and music. Halloween Casino Night helps provide students with a fun, safe, and informative environment which helps celebrate the season with tips and information from campus resources about alcohol and drug awareness and wellness promotion. The evening culminates with a special prize drawing for those who have participated in the games and Halloween costume contest. Bring your MavExpress ID card or number for admission. Casino games will last from 8 to 11 p.m. with costume competition and prize drawings from 11 to midnight.
This event is sponsored by departments of the Division of Student Affairs and the E.H. Hereford University Center. For questions about volunteering information contact (817) 272-2963 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Games and activities include:
- Texas Hold'em
- Mocktail "Bar"
- Prize Drawing
- Costume Competition
The HCN Planning Committee is in need of volunteers to fill to roles of: blackjack dealers, bingo callers, bankers and more. Volunteers receive a free t-shirt and it's a fun way to participate in a popular campus tradition. Anyone can learn to deal and be a part of the program! No prior experience is required to deal blackjack; just attend a dealer training session and be willing to learn and have fun.
Registering and Checking In
8pm-10:45pm Check- in/Register at Food Table (North end)
11pm Contest & Winners
- Upon check-in, contestants will receive a number and color assignment based on one of the following categories: Scariest, Most Original, Best in Group, Funniest.
- Participants will be called to line up in their categories around 10:45pm by the Food Table. At that time, participants should look for a sign with their color and prepare to line up by number.
Costume Contest Rules
- Costumes must be self-contained. Connections to electrical sockets will not be available.
- Costumes will be judged on creativity, attention to detail, and the wearer’s presentation.
- Judges for the Costume Contest are not eligible to compete in the contest.
*Fake guns are NOT allowed*
Judging and Awards
- Participants will have the opportunity to walk across the stage in costume as their name and costume name are announced by category.
- The “Best in Group” Award has a maximum limit of 4 people. More people can compete in the competition as a group, but only four awards will be given.
- All entrants are eligible for the “Best in Show” Award.
- Participants will be scored in their respective categories by a panel of judges.
- You will need to remain throughout the Costume Contest to be eligible for an award.
- Awards will be announced and made available for pick-up at the Food Table after all of the costumes have been presented.
For additional information about the Costume Contest, contact Emily Boren at email@example.com.
Find help for math, science, economics, writing, and more at clinics in a variety of subjects.