UT Arlington presents free outdoor movies on Thursdays at 9 p.m. beginning on June 11th (excluding July 2nd). Students, faculty/staff, alumni and community members are welcomed. Check out the titles you missed in the cinema or enjoy them all over again with pre-home release movies. Before you can rent or buy it, EXCEL brings your favorite hit movies to the big screen on campus.
Complimentary popcorn while supplies last; other concessions for sale. Children and youth under 17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Show time: 9 p.m.
- Free Admission: Seating on the lawn
Bring a blanket or lawn chair
- Location: West Lawn behind Maverick Activities Center (map)
500 W. Nedderman Drive
- Parking: Student Lot 33; open parking after 5 p.m.
Located at 900 UTA Boulevard
The titles listed below are subject to change due to film availability. Check back often for up-to-date information.
- June 11th- The Divergent Series:Insurgent (PG-13)
- June 18th- Cinderella (2015) (PG) (Movie has been moved to the Lone Star Auditorium in the Maverick Activities Center due to inclement weather)
- June 25th- Throwback Thursday: Jurassic Park (1993) (PG-13)
- July 9th- Furious 7 (PG-13)
- July 16th- Throwback Thursday: The Breakfast Club (R)
- July 23rd- Pitch Perfect 2 (PG-13)
- July 30th- Throwback Thursday: Dirty Dancing (PG-13)
- August 6th- Tomorrowland (PG)
- August 28th- Welcome Back Movie: The Avengers Age Of Ultron (PG-13)
The opinions or views expressed a these events do not necessarily represent EXCEL Campus Activities or The University of Texas at Arlington. If you need a reasonable accommodation in order to participate, please contact our office at least ten business days prior to the event for arrangements. In the event of inclement weather, the movies may be moved indoors with limited seating.
The use of alcoholic beverages is prohibited at these events in accordance with the U.T. System Regents’ Rules and Regulations (UTS Rule 80102).
We welcome members who have a diversity of interests, talents, and who represent the various majors and disciplines from across campus.