Executive Board Selection
EXCEL Campus Activities is seeking energetic and committed student leaders who will serve as advocates for the student activities and programming interests of the student community at UT Arlington. These officers are responsible for overseeing the operation of the student programming board as well as the planning, implementation and evaluation of its campus events, recruiting efforts and membership development.
The rules governing the selection of the Executive Board can be found in the Bylaws of EXCEL Campus Activities.
Application and Deadlines
|Downloads [PDF]:||Executive Board Officer Duties|
|Application for Executive Position|
Your application and essay must be received by the following dates:
- Presidential candidates: Monday, April 1 at 5 p.m. (interviews will be held April 2-4)
- All other positions: Thursday, April 4 at 5 p.m. (interviews will be held April 9-18)
2013-14 Executive Positions
The executive officer titles may change from time to time in order to suit the evolving nature of the organization in support of its mission. The president is elected by EXCEL’s General Body voting membership. The other officers are appointed by a selection committee comprised of the president-elect, staff advisors and student leaders. Officers will be supervised by the Department of Student Activities’ professional staff and will each work with an assigned staff advisor.
Duties of an Executive Officer
The current positions include the following six titles:
- Secretary and Historian
- Campus Traditions Director
- Entertainment & Arts
- Membership Director
- University Events Director
- May 13, 2013 through May 2, 2014
- Enroll in at least nine semester hours at UT Arlington during the fall and spring regular semesters
- Maintain a 2.5 or higher grade-point-average
- Have no conduct violations on file with the Office of Community Standards
- Attend various trainings, workshops and retreats throughout their term (see the Application for Executive Position)
- Submit to a criminal background check (if selected)
- *Candidates running for president must have served as a voting member of EXCEL for at least two semesters.
Executive board members may be compensated for up to fifteen hours per week (nineteen for the president) during approved pay periods. These periods are set by the supervisory staff and include the fall, spring and summer regular class sessions and required training and planning periods. The starting pay rate for these positions is $8.50 per hour.
If you have questions regarding the application process, please contact the Department of Student Activities at (817) 272-2963 and ask to speak with an EXCEL advisor or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.