Department of Linguistics & TESOL | The University of Texas at Arlington
Native American Languages of the Southwest
The Native American Languages Lab (NALL) is hiring Undergraduate Research Positions now! For more info, email inquiries to Dr. Colleen Fitzgerald, or call the NALL in Hammond Hall 132F at 817-272-7608.
Online applications, which include a current resume and unofficial transcript, can be completed here and are due: April 7th by 5 pm.
- Prospective applicants must be undergraduates at UTA in the fall 2015 and spring 2016 semesters.
- Application and detailed job description available here.
- A flyer advertising these Undergrad RA positions. Help us spread the word!
The Native American Languages Lab supports undergraduate research in many ways:
- Paid research undergraduate assistantships created thanks to funding for an REU supplement from the National Science Foundation
- Campus research conference presentations at ACES on various projects on Native American Languages
- Conference poster presentations at conferences like the Oklahoma Workshop on Native American Languages
- Classes in Language Documentation and related areas
- Application of research skills in software like:
- Opportunities to assist in indigenous community language workshops
- Serving as team members in Native American language documentation and revitalization workshops like: