Department of Linguistics & TESOL | The University of Texas at Arlington
Native American Languages of the Southwest
The Native American Languages Lab (NALL) is hiring Undergraduate Research Positions now! For more info, visit the open house with pizza and more on August 27 from noon to 1 pm, in Hammond Hall 132F. Application materials (listed below) are due on September 5 by 5 pm; email inquiries and applications to Dr. Colleen Fitzgerald
- Prospective applicants must be undergraduates at UTA in the fall 2014 and spring 2015 semesters.
- Application and detailed job description available here.
- A flyer advertising these Undergrad RA positions. Help us spread the word!
The Native American Languages Lab supports undergraduate research in a number of ways.
- Paid research undergraduate assistantships created thanks to funding for an REU supplement from the National Science Foundation
- Campus research conference presentations at ACES on various projects on Native American Languages
- Conference poster presentations at conferences like the Oklahoma Workshop on Native American Languages
- Classes in Language Documentation and related areas
- Opportunities to apply research skills in software like FLEx, ELAN, and Audacity by assisting in indigenous community language workshops
- Serving as team members in Native American language documentation and revitalization workshops like the Oklahoma Breath of Life Workshop and CoLang 2014.