Precalculus Course Information
Precalculus (Math 1322 and Math 1323) is a two-semester sequence that is designed to prepare students to be successful in a calculus course.
The topics of the course include (but are not limited to)
In short, Precalculus is an amalgamation of studies in algebra, trigonometry, and coordinate geometry chosen to meet the needs of those who will need to complete one or more semesters of calculus.
- Solving equations and inequalities
- Polynomial and rational functions
- Exponential and logarithmic functions
- Trigonometric functions and their inverses
- Right angle and unit circle trigonometry
- Selected topics from analytic geometry