My primary research interest is bilingual language processing. I am currently working on the following research questions:
- Are different memory systems involved in the mental representation of L1 and L2 words?
- How do bilinguals process L2 sentences? What are the similarities and differences between L1 and L2 parsing?
- Can the L2 processing system be characterized as less modular than the L1 processing system?
I am also interested in language processing in one's native language:
- To what extent does a language's writing system affect how visually-presented words are accessed in the mental lexicon?
- How do differences in head-directionality influence sentence processing?
Finally, I am also interested in methodological questions and in extending psycholinguistics research methods to other domains:
- What can different experimental tasks tell us about language processing?
- How can psycholinguistics tasks be used for language training and language assessment?