1. Asheesh Pradhan and Xinbao Yu. Effects of loading Rates, Boundary Type,
Shapes, and Geogrid Reinforcement on 2D DEM Simulation of Biaxial
Compression Test. Computer and Geotechnics, under review.
2. Nan Zhang, Xinbao Yu, T Asheesh Pradhan, and Anand Puppala. Thermal Conductivity of Sand-Kaolin Clay Mixtures: Laboratory Measurement and Model Prediction, Environmental Geotechnics, themed issue 'Energy Geo-structures', under 2nd review.
3. Pedarla, A., Puppala, A. J., Savigamin, C., and Yu, X. (2015). "Performance of Sand-Treated Clay Subgrade Supporting a Low-Volume Flexible Pavement." Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 2473, 91-97.
4. Brett DeVries and Xinbao Yu. LRFD Calibration of Pull Out Resistance Factors Using Survival Analysis For Soil Nails In North Texas. ASCE: Journal of Infrastructure Systems, under 2n review.
5. Nan Zhang, Xinbao Yu (2015). Effects of Particle Size and Fine Content on Thermal Conductivity of Quartz Sands, Transportation Research Record (accepted).
6. Yu, Xinbao; Zhang, Nan; Pradhan, Asheesh; Thapa, Bharat; Tjuatja, Saibun (2015). Design and Evaluation of a Thermo-TDR Probe for Geothermal Applications, Geotechnical Testing Journal, Accepted.
7. Zhang, N., Yu, X., Pradhan, A., and Puppala, A. (2015). "Thermal Conductivity of Quartz Sands by Thermo-Time Domain Reflectometry Probe and Model Prediction." Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 10.1061/(ASCE)MT.1943-5533.0001332 , 04015059.
8. Xinbao Yu, Elmira Riahi, Alimohammad Entezarmahdi, Mohammad Najafi, Friat V. Sever. Experimental and Numerical Analyses of Strength of Epoxy Coated Concrete Under Different Load Configurations. Journal of Pipeline Systems - Engineering and Practice, accepted.
9. Yu, X., Zhang, B., and Tao, J. (2013). A new time-domain reflectometry bridge scour sensor. Structural Health Monitoring, 12(2), 99-113.
10. Zhen Liu, Xiong (Bill) Yu, Xinbao Yu, Javanni Gonzalez (2012). Time domain reflectometry sensor-assisted freeze/thaw analysis in geomaterials. Cold Regions Science and Technology, Vol. 71, February 2012, Pages 84-89.
11. Xinbao Yu, Yan Liu, Javanni Gonzalez & Bill (Xiong) Yu (2011): A new TDR sensor for accurate freeze-thaw measurement, International Journal of Pavement Engineering, pp. 1-12.
12. Xinbao Yu and Yu, X. (2011). Assessment of an Automation Algorithm for TDR Bridge Scour Monitoring System, Advances in Structural Engineering, ANCR-03 special issue, Vol. 14 (1), pp. 13-24.
13. Zhen Liu, Xinbao Yu, Jon Gonzalez and Xiong Yu. (2011). Innovative Sensor and Analyses for Investigating the Effects of Freeze-Thaw on Soils, Advanced Materials Research, Vols. 255-260 (2011) p. 4251-4255.
14. Abu-Farsakh, M., Yu, X.B., Pathak, B., and Zhang, Z. (2011). Field Testing and Analyses of a Batter Pile Group Foundation Under Lateral Loading. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No. 2212, pp. 42-55.
15. Abu-Farsakh, M., Pant, R., Gautreau, G., Chen, Q., Yu, X.B., and Zhang, Z. (2011). Estimating Embankment Settlement from Piezocone Penetration Test Data Case Study. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No. 2212, pp. 120-130.
16. Abu-Farsakh, M., Yoon, S., Ha, D., Marr, A., Zhang, Z., and Yu, X.B. (2011). Development of a Substructure Instrumentation System at the New I-10 Twin Span Bridge and Its Use to Investigate the Lateral Behavior of Batter Piles, Geotechnical Testing Journal (GTJ), Vol.34, No.4.
17. Xinbao Yu; Murad Abu-Farsakh; Sungmin Yoon; Ching Tsai; Zhongjie Zhang. Implementation of LRFD Design of Drilled Shafts in Louisiana. Journal of Infrastructure Systems, October 7, 2011
18. Yu, X.B. and Yu, X. (2011). Development and evaluation of an automation algorithm for TDR bridge scour monitoring system. Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 48(1): 26-35.
19. Murad Y. Abu-Farsakh, Xinbao Yu. Interpretation Criteria to Evaluate Resistance Factors for Axial Load Capacity of Drilled Shafts. 7th International Bridge Engineering Conference, Improving Reliability and Safety - Restoration, Renewal and Replacement, December 1-3, 2010, San Antonio, Texas, Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, Washington D.C., No. 2202, pp. 20-31, 2010.
20. Yu, X.B., Zhang, B., Liu, N and Yu, X. (2010). Comparison Study of Three Common Technologies for Freezing-Thawing Measurement. Advances in Civil Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 239651, 10 pages, 2010. doi:10.1155/2010/239651.
21. Yu, X.B. and Yu, X. (2010). Time Domain Reflectometry for Bridge Scour Measurement: Comparison with the Ultrasonic Method. Advances in Civil Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 508172, 12 pages, 2010. doi:10.1155/2010/50.
22. Zhang, B., Yu, X.B., and Yu, X. (2010). Design and Evaluation of a Distributed TDR Moisture Sensor. Smart Structures and Systems, An International Journal, Volume 6, Number 9, pp. 1007-1023.
23. Yu, X.B. and Yu, X. (2009). Time Domain Reflectometry Automatic Bridge Scour Measurement System: Principles and Potentials, Structural Health Monitoring, An International Journal, Vol. 8, No. 2.
24. Yu, X.B., Liu, N., Yu, X., Li, N. (2008). Sensor Technology for Decision Support of Spring Load Restrictions, Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No. 2053, Transportation Research Board of the National Academies, Washington D.C., 2008, pp. 17-22.
25. Yu, Xinbao, Liu, Songyu, and Miao, Linchang (2003). Creep properties of Lianyungang soft clay and its engineering application. Rock and Soil Mechanics. 2003. No.6.
26. Yu, Xinbao, Liu, Songyu, and Miao, Linchang (2003). Research on Secondary Consolidation of Soft Clay. Geotechnical Engineering Technique. 2003. No.1.
27. Zhang, Dingwen, Liu, Songyu, and Yu, Xinbao (2003). "Discussions of Engineering Properties and Improvement methods of Lianyungang Marine Soft Clay" Journal of Engineering Geology. 2003. No.3.
28. Zhang, Dingwen, Liu, Songyu, and Yu, Xinbao (2003). "Study of Engineering Properties of Liangyungang Marine Soft Clay" Journal of Huazhong University of Science and Technology (Urban Science Edition). 2003. No.4.