- Average Cost
- Apply for Aid
- Student Employment
- Veterans Affairs
- Contact Us
Skip to content
Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is always free. Beware of scams as you begin the application process. You never have to pay a fee to submit the FAFSA or pay anyone to help you fill it out. You must meet the eligibility requirements to qualify for financial aid.
1. Complete the 2017-2018 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov using your 2015 federal income tax return information.
(The 2018-2019 FAFSA becomes available to complete on October 1, 2017, and will be based on 2016 federal income tax information).
2. Within two weeks after the FAFSA is filed, you should receive your Student Aid Report (SAR) electronically from the U.S. Department of Education. You should review it for accuracy and any further instructions.
3. A number of financial aid applicants are selected by the U.S. Department of Education for a process called verification. Click here to learn more about the verification process.
All required verification documents must be received by the Office of Financial Aid on or before April 1, 2017, in order to qualify for maximum grant funding for the 2017-2018 aid year (The priority deadline for the 2018-2019 aid year is March 15, 2018).
4. Once your financial aid file is completed and your aid has been awarded, our office will send a Financial Aid Award Notification to your UTA email account outlining your financial aid award.
5. In order to receive the financial aid funds awarded to you, you must accept the awards online through your MyMav account.
To learn more about what happens once you complete the FAFSA, watch the video below.
If there have been changes in your financial situation or if there are any unusual circumstances that could affect your ability or your family's ability to contribute to your education, please contact our office.
You may wish to complete a Request for Review of Special Circumstances form located in the Forms section of this website so that we may have a more accurate picture of your financial situation.