Skip to content

Apply for Aid

Obtaining a Tax Return Transcript

Students completing the 2016-2017 FAFSA will need to provide 2015 tax information. Students completing the 2017-2018 FAFSA will also need to provide 2015 tax information.  Do not update your 2016-2017 FAFSA with your 2016 tax information. If you have had a change in your financial situation since 2015, please click here.

requesting a tax return transcript from the irs

Tax filers are able to request a copy of their 2015 Tax Return Transcript from the IRS free of charge. You will need to provide a Social Security Number (SSN), date of birth, and street address and ZIP Code that are currently on file with the IRS. If any information does not match IRS records, the IRS will notify the tax filer that it was not able to provide the transcript.

Visit the IRS website to request a copy of your 2015 Tax Return Transcript. You may also request a Tax Return Transcript by phone by calling 800-908-9946 and following the prompts.

Note: The 2015 IRS Tax Return Transcript is the only acceptable form of documentation. Our office can no longer accept signed copies of federal income tax returns.