Master of Arts in Criminology and Criminal Justice
The following documents must be received for consideration of admission
- The application form can be downloaded from the Graduate Admission Center
- Appropriate application fee.
- Please indicate “COHORT” on application form
- Official transcripts from all previously attended academic institutions
- GRE Scores or GRE Substitution
- The program advisor may substitute the GRE requirement provided the applicant meets the following criteria:
*All required GRE substitution documents should be submitted to the Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice, Attn: Cohort Masters Program, 601 South Nedderman, University Hall No. 362, Box 19595, Arlington, Texas 76019.
- The applicant has three or more years of professional experience with increasing responsibility in managerial or administrative positions in a criminal justice (or closely related) occupation and can provide a detailed work history documenting this experience.*
- Submission of an acceptable sample of professional writing authored solely by the applicant. This will be evaluated to assess writing and analytic skills.*
- The applicant successfully completes a personal interview with the graduate advisor, where credentials, the goals and objectives of graduate studies, and the applicant’s views related to the study and profession of Criminology/Criminal Justice will be discussed.
- Three letters of recommendation addressing the applicant’s potential for success in the graduate program from persons knowledgeable of the applicant’s abilities.