Providing Students with Global Perspectives
Universities must increasingly have a global perspective. UT Arlington is proud of its rich diversity and has a long history of welcoming students to campus from around the world. For instance, 10 percent of the current student population comes from other countries, and more than 30 percent of the student population is African-American or Hispanic.
Providing opportunities for all students to experience and understand different cultures helps ensure well-rounded graduates destined for success in a global marketplace.
Study abroad programs and other international study opportunities help develop globally conscious students. Likewise, opportunities for the many international students living and learning here are important to strengthen bonds, stimulate the exchange of ideas, and develop enduring and productive relationships.
Donors interested in supporting global perspectives can direct their gifts to:
- Study Abroad program
- Honors College
- International academic programs and activities
- Scholarships for undergraduate students
- Fellowships to support tuition and stipends for graduate students
- Endowed professorships and chairs
- One or more of UT Arlington’s 78 research centers, institutes, and labs
- Online education programs
For more information on creating an endowment, contact Mark LaVelle, Assistant Vice President for University Development, at email@example.com or 817-272-5235.