Recruiting and Retaining Outstanding Faculty
A vibrant, productive, fully engaged faculty is the single-most important asset of a great university—especially one on a mission to become a nationally recognized research university. It is imperative that UT Arlington be able to recruit and retain outstanding faculty.
Endowed chairs and professorships are a critical element in attracting world-class faculty members, as well as in recognizing and retaining valued professors who are building stellar careers here. These faculty members, in turn, attract high-achieving, highly motivated students intent on earning a UT Arlington degree.
Donors interested in supporting faculty can direct their gifts to:
- Endowed professorships and chairs
- Fellowships for Ph.D. students
- Visiting Scholar Program
- Executive-in-Residence Program
- Support for classrooms and laboratories
- Support for interdisciplinary programs
- Hands-on research assistantships and other experiences for undergraduates
For more information on creating an endowment, contact Mark LaVelle, Assistant Vice President for University Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-272-5235.