For Faculty and Administrators
What is the role of Corporate and Foundation Relations?
When the intellectual resources of UT Arlington combine with the genius of area corporations, foundations and community organizations, good things happen. Corporate and Foundation Relations is simply the glue that helps bring these internal and external audiences together. More specifically, Corporate and Foundation Relations:
- Meets regularly with area businesses to assess their needs;
- Maintains relationships with local foundations and community organizations;
- Works with UT Arlington alumni employed by local companies;
- Helps package programs for funding by creating collateral materials;
- Prospect research;
- Solicits gifts from corporations and foundations.
How can Corporate and Foundation Relations help me?
So glad you asked. Corporate and Foundation Relations can help:
- Identify potential funders for projects and programs;
- Write proposals, letters of inquiry, reports or other funding documents;
- Facilitate campus visits;
- Steward gifts by reporting results – successes, challenges, or problems – to donors.
Corporate and Foundation Relations is part of the Office of Development, which has a clearance process that ensures corporations and foundations are approached strategically, at the optimum time, without bombarding donors with multiple University requests at the same time.
- Read the proposal guide.
- Download the proposal request form.
- Contact the director of development assigned to your academic unit. Your director of development can help you think through your project/program/request to ensure that it is attractive to potential donors and will be competitive in the proposal process.
- When the Proposal Request Form is complete and you are happy with the project/program design, send it to your dean for approval.
- Once your department chair or dean has approved your project/program/proposal request, email the Proposal Request Form to Elizabeth Coen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Corporate and Foundation Relations will contact you within one week to begin the proposal process. One of four things will happen:
- We will write the proposal with your guidance;
- You will write the proposal with our guidance;
- All of us will write the proposal with the guidance of the donor;
- Project goes back to the drawing board for adjustments to make it more strategic, competitive, easier to fund.