EDGE: Academic & Professional Support
Get the EDGE You Need to Succeed.
EDGE is a series of workshops, events, and speakers that are designed to help you excel in graduate school and develop professionally for your career. The EDGE series is built around your needs as a graduate student and will benefit you in the following ways:
- Learn the skills necessary to excel in graduate school
- Enhance your teaching, researching, and writing skills
- Finish your dissertation and graduate
- Find the balance you need in school and after graduation
- Gain the skills necessary to stand out on the job market
Attend an entire series of workshops, or mix and match events, to find the guidance and expertise that will help you succeed during graduate school and after you graduate. Click on the titles below to see a list of workshops for each stage of graduate education. Please check this page often, as we are routinely adding new opportunities
- Career Advancement Series: Interested in opportunities that will prepare you for your future? This series focuses on workshops and resources that help you advance in your academic and professional career.
- Communication Series: Are you interested in improving your communication skills in the classroom or at academic conferences? This series of workshops will help you develop the confidence and skills necessary to succeed in either venue.
- Future Faculty Friday Series: Current Graduate Teaching Assistants and graduate students seeking to improve their teaching skills will be exposed to low- and high-engagement activities from experts in the field.
- Navigating Graduate School Series: Want to take the right steps to maneuver through graduate school successfully? Click on the link to see the workshops we offer that will help you learn the skills necessary to excel.
- Thesis/Dissertation Series: Working on your thesis/dissertation and need some help with motivation, formatting, and writing? Click on the link to see the workshops we offer to help you through the final stage of your graduate education.