College Panhellenic (CPH)
What is the UT Arlington College panhellenic?
The College Panhellenic (CPH) at UT Arlington is the coordinating body of the National Panhellenic Conference sororities chapters represented at UT Arlington. The council is comprised of an Executive Board of officers along with delegates from each member group. CPH provides support and services to the almost 400 Panhellenic sorority members as well as representing sorority life to the University and the surrounding community.
2014 College Panhellenic Executive Board
Thuy-An Hoang, CPH Development Chair, Shelby Blaine, Recreuitment Counselor Coordinator, Ana Miranda, President, Erica Hochmeister, Vice President, and Erin Peters, Recruitment Coordinator. Not pictured is Arielle Tan, Vice President of Administration.
HOW TO JOIN fall 2014- Formal Recruitment
CPH will be hosting Formal Recruitment in the fall of 2014 semester from August 27th - September 1st. The formal recruitment period is designed in a way that allows each potential member the opportunity to become acquainted with as many sororities as possible so that she may make a wise and unbiased decision concerning membership. Furthermore, formal recruitment allows sororities to recruit potential members on an equal opportunity basis under Panhellenic guidelines. Participating in Formal Recruitment is a wonderful way to meet new people at UT Arlington. Even if you decide not to join a sorority, you will gain fabulous memories and many new friends.
Formal Recruitment Schedule for Potential Members: All Events are mandatory for Potential New Members to attend.
- Wednesday, August 27, 2014 - 6:00 Parent Orientation/7:30 Orientation for Potential New Members
- Thursday, August 28, 2014 - 5:30-8:00 House Tours, Greek Row
- Friday, August 29, 2014 1:00-9:00 pm - Round 1, each potential member will visit each of the 4 Sororities
- Saturday, August 30, 2014 11:00am-6:00 pm- Round 2, each potential member will visit up to 3 of the Sororities
- Sunday, September 1, 2014 11:00am-6:00pm - Round 3, each potential member will visit up tp 2 of the Sororities
- Monday, September 2, 2014 from 9:30 am - until - Bid Day! each potential member will receive an invitation to join one of our 4 Sororities
Times are subject to change, a final schedule will be released by August 21, 2014.
If you have a class conflict with any of the above times email your class schedule before 5:00 on Tuesday, August 26, 2014 to email@example.com.
Recruitment Counselors - WHO THEY ARE, HOW THEY HELP
Upon registration for recruitment, each Potential New Member is assigned a recruitment counselor (Pi Chi). Recruitment counselors are sorority women who have chosen to disaffiliate from their sorority during the recruitment period in order be a trustworthy resource and source of aid for the women going through recruitment. Since their sorority membership is unknown, Potential New Members should feel comfortable discussing their options and asking candid questions of their recruitment counselors. You should feel free to ask Pi Chis any questions you have before, during, or after recruitment. They are there to help! All of the recruitment counselors have gone through the recruitment process themselves and have many more sorority experiences to share.
2014 Recruitment Counselors
WHAT TO WEAR?
- Wednesday, Recruitment Orientation - Shorts/Casual, orientation is only for Potential Members you will not meet chapter members.
- Thursday, House Tours - Shorts/Casual, potential members will visit each house but not meet chapter members one on one.
- Friday, Round 1 - Shorts, jeans, or some other casual bottom you are comfortable in, you will be provided a t-shirt.
- Saturday, Round 2 - A sundress, pants, something a little dressier than jeans but still casual.
- Sunday, Round 3 - A cocktail dress or something you would wear to church on a holiday.
- Monday, Bid Day - Jeans or shorts, you will get a t-shirt.
Saturday - Round Two
Sunday - Round Three
Remember each day wear something you are comfortable in, you will be walking and we want you to be comfortable so you can be yourself. Also remember to dress according to the weather you will be inside and outside as well. Check out our Pinterest and Facebook pages for more suggestions on what to wear and advice on how to navigate recruitment.
What are the Academic Requirements to be a part of a CPH Sorority?
|Minimum college GPA required at the time of joining||Minimum high school GPA required at the time of joining||Academic requirements for members of the chapter|
|Alpha Chi Omega||2.5||3.0, top 1/3 of high school class||Study hours assigned based on GPA|
|Delta Delta Delta||2.5||3||Members must maintain at least 2.5 GPA|
|Delta Zeta||2.7||2.7||Study hours assigned based on GPA|
|Zeta Tau Alpha||2.7||None required but a minimum of 3.0 is recommended||Study hours assigned based on GPA|
How much does it cost to join a CPH Sorority?
|Cost of new member dues (the first semester of membership)||Cost of active member dues (per semester following the first semester)||Cost of living in the house|
|(This include all one time fees, These fees include, but are not limited to, initiation fees, new member fees, building funds, security deposits and badge fees)||(This includes the cost of membership for things like chapter operations, programming, philanthropy, local and national dues, etc…)||(includes any bills or costs associated with living in the house, meals are not provided for women living in the house)|
|Alpha Chi Omega||$1,001 (does not include annual formal or shirts)||$621 (does not include annual formal or shirts)||$385 (monthly)|
|Delta Zeta||$1,131 (not including shirts)||$660 (not including shirts)||$471 (monthly)|
|Delta Delta Delta||$1,301 (not including shirts)||$805 (not including shirts)||$345 (monthly)|
|Zeta Tau Alpha||$1,100 (not including shirts)||$863 ( not including shirts)||$545(per month)|
Want to contact an officer?
Recruitment Couselor Coord.