Fraternity and Sorority Life Ambassadors
Applications due April 15
Interviews April 22-26
- Communicate the benefits of Fraternity & Sorority Life (FSL) to those inside & outside the fraternity and sorority community
- Distribute & articulate information about Fraternity & Sorority Life to incoming students/parents and answer questions about all four council’s recruitment/intake processes
- Work to educate UTA and local communities about the benefits of fraternity and sorority membership, while promoting change in false perceptions
- Impact positively the outlook to the faculty, staff, and students in regards to Fraternity and Sorority Life, while furthering to connect Fraternities and Sororities to the University and Arlington community.
- Enhance personal & leadership development
- Improve communication skills
- Build positive relationships with other Fraternity & Sorority members, non-affiliated students, and other campus constituents
- Attend trainings; May 13 1pm-5pm, May 20 1pm-5pm, as needed
- Attend regularly scheduled FSL Ambassador meetings
- Attend new student orientations and facilitate FSL information sessions
- Attend transfer orientations throughout the summer, fall, & spring semesters
- Attend University hosted events- Preview Days, Parent & Family Weekend, Admissions Events, etc.
- Support the FSL office and its initiatives
- Be a positive role model within the FSL community
- Applicants must be an initiated member & in good standing of your respected fraternity or sorority & UT Arlington
- Applicants must have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Applicants must have a positive view and outlook on Fraternity & Sorority membership in word and in deed
This is an opportunity to serve the Fraternity & Sorority community. It is not expected that you have any prior knowledge of the community as a whole, but rather you have an interest in learning about UTA & FSL. Our office will ensure that you have the appropriate training before we expect you to host any orientations or events. Do not let limited knowledge of other Fraternities & Sororities or the FSL community hinder you from applying to this great opportunity.