Health insurance is not a requirement to be seen at Health Services. Regardless of your insurance status, all enrolled UT Arlington students are able to utilize Health Services. Visits with general medicine providers, psychologists, as well as health promotion programs and education, blood pressure checks, nursing care, referral advice, and contraceptive information will continue to be offered at no additional cost. All other services will be assessed affordable fees. Health Services does not file claims for Medicaid, Medicare, Tricare or any other private insurance at this time.
The University of Texas System contracts with Academic Health Plans to provide an affordable Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) insurance plan to UT Arlington students. The insurance plan is currently underwritten by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas. Please access the Academic Health Plans' website for complete coverage information and how to enroll.
Health insurance coverage is a requirement for all international students. While you are not required to purchase the student health insurance plan, it is the only insurance currently accepted at Health Services. The student health insurance plan offered by UT System meets all requirements under the Affordable Care Act. Students with other insurance plans will have to pay out-of-pocket for the services they receive at Health Services.
Treatment at Health Services
The annual deductible is waived for covered expenses incurred at Health Services. This coverage includes lab tests, x-rays, most women’s health, immunizations, psychological counseling, and psychiatry visits.
Many procedures and diagnostic services (lab, x-ray, EKG) performed at Health Services are covered at 100% by student health insurance; diagnostic services requested by the patient are generally not covered and will incur separate out-of-pocket charges.
Prescription co-pays: $15 generic/$30 preferred brand/$50 name brand (effective 8/15/14).
Treatment at Another Facility
When it is necessary to receive treatment at a facility other than Health Services, an annual deductible of $500 (in-network)/$1000 (out-of-network) per covered person, per policy year must be met before the insurance plan begins to pay for covered services you use. Please refer to the Academic Health Plan Brochure to better understand your coverage.
Note: Only enrolled UT Arlington students are eligible to utilize Health Services. Spouses and dependents cannot receive treatment at Health Services unless they are also enrolled UT Arlington students.
Students can enroll in Academic Health Plans (AHP) student health insurance online by visiting http://uta.myahpcare.com/enrollment.
Enrollment periods for 2014 - 2015 AHP are as follows:
Fall - 7/1/14 thru 10/15/14
Spring - 1/1/15 thru 3/15/15
Summer - 5/15/15 thru 6/15/15
- Students purchasing AHP from 7/1/14 through 8/15/14 will have their plans effective on the plan coverage start date (8/15/14)
- Students purchasing AHP 8/16/14 through 10/15/14 will be covered at 12:01 am following the date of purchase.
- Students who do not purchase by 10/15/14 will have to wait to purchase AHP until the next semester Open Enrollment Period.
- Students will have a monthly payment option. They must agree to purchase the ANNUAL option, with a monthly bank draft. The first draft will be for two months premium and monthly thereafter for 10 months.
- A monthly payment option is only available for the full annual premium, all other enrollment options must pay the full premium amount for the semester selected.
- Annual Premium (8/15/15 - 8/14/15) = $1859
- Fall Premium (8/15/14 - 12/31/14) = $708
- Spring/Summer Premium = (1/1/15 - 8/14/15) = $1151
- Summer Premium (5/15/15 - 8/14/15) = $469
As always, if you have any questions concerning your insurance plan, you may contact Health Services at 817-272-2771.