The Health Services nurse practitioners are specially trained in women’s health. Examinations and services are available for:
- Pap smears (Please note that pap smears vary in price, depending on the lab work ordered.)
- Cervical cancer screenings
- Sexually transmitted infections and diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of minor gynecological problems
- Birth control distribution and counsel (Birth control pills vary in price. Please contact the pharmacy at 817-272-2770 for more information.)
- Emergency contraception
- Hormone therapy
* There is no fee for consultations and follow up appointments.
First-Time Pap Smear: Health Services offers a bi-weekly class for students who are coming in for their first gyconological exam and birth control options. The class is on Wednesdays at 4 pm. To register for the class, contact Health Services at 817-272-2771.
Previous Pap Smears: If you have had a pap smear performed elsewhere within one year, please bring a copy of the results. If you are using birth control or any other medication, please be prepared to provide information on the medication name and dosage.
Emergency Contraception: Plan B is available without a prescription for those 17 years and over. Those under the age of 17 must have a prescription. State issued identification is required in order to purchase Plan B. A UTA ID will not be accepted in lieu of a state issued identification card. Please contact the pharmacy at 817-272-2770 for more information.