Join other UTA students and Professors Kevin Gustafson and Amanda Alexander for Study Abroad in Peru, Summer I, 2018. Experience the pleasure of living and learning in an international setting, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
- Receive 6 hours of UT Arlington credit (two courses).
- Team-taught by Dr. Kevin Gustafson (English) and Dr. Amanda Alexander (Art).
- Visits to sites of archaeological, historic, and cultural interest, including Lima, Cusco, Machu Picchu, the Sacred Valley, Chinchero, Arequipa, Puno, Lake Titicaca, and Nazca. The program will involve a good deal of walking, and some hiking, in a variety of weather conditions
Enrollment is limited, so early application is strongly encouraged. Interviews of applicants will begin in November. Offers of admission will be made on a rolling basis with a view to finalizing the roster of participants by March 2018.
- Program Dates: May 29 through June 17, 2018 (Summer I session).
- Program Cost: To be determined. The program fee covers roundtrip airfare from Dallas to Lima, lodging (double occupancy), all breakfasts and two dinners, all program-related travel within Peru, and entrance fees to archaeological and historic sites and museums. Not included: lunches and most dinners, tuition, and books. Scholarships are available through both the Honors College and the Office of International Education.
- Courses: ENGL 2309: World Literature (Gustafson), ART 4392: Visual Culture: An Intercultural Means of Communication (Petruso). All students take both courses, neither of which has a prerequisite. ENGL 2309 satisfies the UT Arlington Core Requirement in Language, Philosophy, and Culture. Honors students are welcome to contract either or both courses for Honors credit.
- Interest Sessions: Times to be determined. Come see us at the UTA Study Abroad Fair on September 13th, 2017 from 11 am to 2 pm.
- Orientation Sessions: mid-May 2018, dates and times TBA.
- Download an ApplicationThe application form and additional information will be available in early October 2017.