Move-in / Move-out Information
Moving in can seem a bit overwhelming but we do our best to make it easy and carefree.
Residence Hall Move In
Residence Hall students will move into the residence halls on Monday, August 20th, 2012. Please visit the Residence Hall Move In Event page for details about move in day.
Apartment Move In
The Lofts at College Park - Move in for residents of The Lofts at College Park is on August 15th, 2012. Residents of The Lofts should first go to the Housing Office to obtain a key then head to the on-site office to meet a staff member to claim a a t-shirt and review move in paperwork. If you plan on having a roommate (registered occupant), you should register your occupant online prior to your move in date to make sure both you and your roommate(s) will be issued a key on move in day. If possible, please bring your registered occupant(s) with you to University Housing.
The Heights on Pecan - Move in for residents of The Heights on Peacn is scheduled for August 16th, 2012. Residents should come to the office on site to check in. The office will open at 8am. You must have your Mav Express ID card with you at the time of check in and you must have paid your pro-rated rent prior to your arrival.
East and West Campus Apartment residents will begin the move in process by visiting the University Housing Office in the University Center on their scheduled move in date. University Housing will issue your apartment keys and finalize any necessary paperwork. If you plan on having a roommate (registered occupant), you should register your occupant online prior to your move in date to make sure both you and your roommate(s) will be issued a key on move in day. If possible, please bring your registered occupant(s) with you to University Housing.
You are required to complete the following before your scheduled move in date:
- Pay your prorated rent before your move in date. The amount due is shown on your lease agreement.
- Set up all utilities as required
- First time students need to comply with the Meningitis Immunization Requirements at least 10 days before their desired Move in Date.
- Register all occupants – (keys will only be issued to registered occupants)
How to Register Your Occupants
In order to use the On-line Housing Assistant you will need your net ID and password issued to you by the Office of Information Technology (OIT). If you do not have or know your net ID or password, contact the OIT at firstname.lastname@example.org. Occupants must be registered on the lease before a key can be issued to them.
Below are the instructions to for registering your occupants through the Online Housing Assistant.
- Visit the Online Housing Assistant
- Read the FERPA disclosure and click “Continue”.
- Log in using your Net ID and password on the UTA Online Housing Assistant home page.
- Click on the “Application” tab.
- Select “Apartment Application” and click “Save and Continue”.
- Click on “Additional Occupant Management” from the list of options on the menu to the left of the page to view or update your occupant and emergency contact information.
On your scheduled move in date:
Key Pick Up
You must pick up your key in the housing office between noon and 4:00 pm. You may not enter the property until after 5:00 pm.
- Registered additional occupants must provide evidence of proper registration and pick up their own key in the Housing Office.
- Please note that the Housing Office will close at 5:00 pm. Failure to arrive on campus by the above stated time will/can result in a delayed move in process. Because the Housing Office is closed on weekends, residents with a lease start date of Saturday or Sunday should pick up keys on Friday.
- If a moving company is delivering your belongings or if you are you are having furniture delivered, please schedule delivery for after 5:00pm on your scheduled move in date. You cannot enter the property until after 5pm on move in day.
Purchase a parking tag from the University Police Parking Office at 1225 West Mitchell Suite 112 if you will be parking on campus. The Parking Office is located in the J. D. Wetsel Building on the northwest corner of Davis and Mitchell. You will need to show them a copy of your lease residence verification form to verify your eligibility for a parking tag. Additional occupants that will be parking on campus will also need to purchase a parking tag. For more information, call the Parking Office at 817-272-4027.
Inventory and Condition Form
An Apartment Life staff member has completed an inspection of your apartment prior to your arrival. A copy of the inventory and condition form will be waiting for you on your kitchen counter. If you have changes that need to be made to the condition form, please contact your RA.
Cable and Internet
To connect to internet or cable TV or sign up for VoIP, view the Apogee ResNet booklet.
APARTMENT Move-out Information
East and West Campus Apartment Residents
If you are planning to move out of your apartment, you must first submit a termination notice to University Housing. Please review your lease terms and conditions to be sure you are meeting all of the notice requirements for your apartment. Once your termination notice has been submitted, you must schedule a move out inspection with the Apartment Life staff using our online form. You must schedule the appointment at least 5 days in advance of your move out date. Please review the Apartment Move Out Guide (PDF) for more information about the apartment move out process.
LIVING ON CAMPUS
COMMUNITY AND CONVENIENCE
Everything is right outside your door. Living in a residence hall might be the best way to make friends and find your community on our campus of 33,000. Our residence halls boast diversity, school spirit, and the convenience that comes with living on campus – leaving you free to excel in your academics and develop your social life.