A Lease Assumption is when a leaseholder wants to transfer the lease to a registered additional occupant.
An additional occupant may apply to assume a lease under the following conditions:
- The applicant must be a registered additional occupant for at least 3 months prior to requesting to assume the lease.
- The occupant must be currently enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at UTA (excluding summer).
- The leaseholder and/or occupant must not have been involved in behavior that is disruptive to the peace and quiet enjoyment of the community.
- The applicant’s Non-Registration account must have a balance of $0.00.
- Current rent for the apartment must be paid in full.
If the lessee and registered occupant meet the guidelines above, a Lease Assumption Application Packet must be completed and submitted to the Housing Office. The Lease Assumption Application outlines additional fees and procedures for the lease assumption process.
LIVING ON CAMPUS
TWICE THE FUN
They say the friends you make in college are the friends you make for life. Get a jump-start by choosing to live with a roommate. With a roommate you don’t have to navigate college life on your own. You’ll have someone to eat dinner with, go on late night runs to the store, and someone who can share living costs. It’s a win-win decision: good for your wallet and perfect for a meaningful social connection.