A Lease Assumption is when a leaseholder wants to move from one apartment to another. For example, I want to move from my 1 bedroom apartment to a 2 bedroom or I want to move from University Village to Arbor Oaks.
An additional occupant may apply to assume a lease under the following conditions:
- The applicant must be a registered additional occupant for at least 3 months prior to requesting to assume the lease.
- The occupant must be currently enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at UTA (excluding summer).
- The leaseholder and/or occupant must not have been involved in behavior that is disruptive to the peace and quiet enjoyment of the community.
- The applicant’s Non-Registration account must have a balance of $0.00.
- Current rent for the apartment must be paid in full.
If the lessee and registered occupant meet the guidelines above, a Lease Assumption Application Packet must be completed and submitted to the Housing Office. The Lease Assumption Application outlines additional fees and procedures for the lease assumption process.
LIVING ON CAMPUS
Located at the heart of College Park District, Vandergriff Hall is co-educational and features exciting community amenities. With College Park Center, restaurants, and shops right outside your front door, it is a vibrant new home for any student.