A Lease Assumption is when a leaseholder wants to transfer the lease to a registered additional occupant.
An additional occupant may apply to assume a lease under the following conditions:
- The applicant must be a registered additional occupant for at least 3 months prior to requesting to assume the lease.
- The occupant must be currently enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at UTA (excluding summer).
- The leaseholder and/or occupant must not have been involved in behavior that is disruptive to the peace and quiet enjoyment of the community.
- The applicant’s Non-Registration account must have a balance of $0.00.
- Current rent for the apartment must be paid in full.
If the lessee and registered occupant meet the guidelines above, a Lease Assumption Application Packet must be completed and submitted to the Housing Office. The Lease Assumption Application outlines additional fees and procedures for the lease assumption process.
LIVING ON CAMPUS
As the smallest of the five residence halls, housing 96 residents (47 men and 49 women), Brazos is a historic landmark to our campus and is known for its sociable and family-like environment. Residents living in Brazos return year after year, giving the hall the highest return rate. Brazos residents as far back as the 1940s still drop by to visit the “55-room mansion.”