A Lease Assumption is when a leaseholder wants to transfer the lease to a registered additional occupant.
An additional occupant may apply to assume a lease under the following conditions:
- The applicant must be a registered additional occupant for at least 3 months prior to requesting to assume the lease.
- The occupant must be currently enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at UTA (excluding summer).
- The leaseholder and/or occupant must not have been involved in behavior that is disruptive to the peace and quiet enjoyment of the community.
- The applicant’s Non-Registration account must have a balance of $0.00.
- Current rent for the apartment must be paid in full.
If the lessee and registered occupant meet the guidelines above, a Lease Assumption Application Packet must be completed and submitted to the Housing Office. The Lease Assumption Application outlines additional fees and procedures for the lease assumption process.
LIVING ON CAMPUS
Students living on campus are more likely to earn higher GPAs, complete degrees on time, and even pursue advanced degrees. Living on campus keeps students connected 24-7 with more access to caring administrators and faculty who understand and are meeting the needs of the students. Get ahead by being close to the resources you need to excel.