Nursing Program Coordinator
Job DescriptionTITLE: Nursing Program Coordinator
JOB CODE: 1010
FLSA STATUS: E
EEO6 CODE: 3 = Professional/Non-faculty
GRADE: Pay Grade 13
PAY PLAN: Annually
PURPOSE: Develop and coordinate Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Continuing Education Courses. Serve as coordinator and instructor for American Heart Association (AHA) Training Center.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Use effective teaching methods and learning opportunities Use research findings to provide evidence based practice content in classroom and skills evaluation. Review and revise course content to reflect changing needs of consumers, health care, delivery systems, program evaluations and AHA guidelines. Contribute to the CNE Department: Instructing in and assisting with other programs offered by Center for Continuing Nursing Education. Being available for other activities as requested by Director. Submitting budget and end of course report in a timely manner. Being available for Center meetings. Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with other UTA Staff and faculty to facilitate providing ACLS or CPR courses as needed for staff, faculty, students or the community. Coordinate ACLS and/or CPR Training Center through AHA. Complete and submit all reports and evaluations required by AHA or Director. Order and maintain ACLS and or CPR supplies and paperwork required by Training Center Instructors. Develop and maintain an ongoing account of budget expenses and revenue. Serve as a resource to staff, faculty, students or the community regarding resuscitation programs. Develop other resuscitation, cardiac or critical care related Continuing Education programs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: $education
REQUIRED EDUCATION-OTHER: A bachelor degree in Nursing is required. Two years related experience. Previous experience in developing and coordinating American Heart Association ACLS and/or CPR courses. Previous teaching experience and certification in Critical Care or Emergency Room nursing is preferred.
INTERNAL CONTROL: Responsible for the design, execution, and effectiveness of a system of internal controls which provides reasonable assurance that department operations are effective and efficient, department assets are safeguarded, department financial information is reliable, and the department complies with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Exposure to standard office conditions. Repetitive use of keyboard at a workstation. This position may work non-traditional hours such as nights and weekends depending on the scheduling of programs. In addition, programs offered outside of UTA campus may require travel and overnight stays. Current license as a registered nurse in the state of Texas. Maintain knowledge and skills in specialty area. Current American Heart Association CPR Instructor Card. Current American Heart Association ACLS Instructor Card. Specific job requirements or physical location of positions allocated to this classification render the position security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Section 51.215 Texas Education Code.
News and Announcements
- Join us for UT System Founders Day 2014!
- Merit Increase Guidelines for FY 14-15
- Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations for 2014-2015
- LGBTQA Program
- Wellness at UTA
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) Resources
- 2014 Performance Review Memorandum
- Outstanding Maverick Awards Program
- New Criminal Background Check Procedure
- University Opens Lactation Rooms
- UT Arlington Named Fit-Friendly Worksite
- Change to Cafeteria Plan
- Tobacco Free
- Retirees Club
- Dearborn National Offers Online Services
- Using Your UT EID and UT Direct Self Service Features
Benefits and Services
- Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- News About Your Benefits
- UT Arlington Work/Life Balance Resources
- Employee Assistance Program
- 2014-2015 Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations
- Benefits of Working at UT Arlington
- Employee Tuition Assistance Plan
- Wellness Programs
- Retirees Club
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for Faculty and Staff
- Criminal Background Checks
Compensation and Employee Relations
- Pay Plan and Job Descriptions
- Performance Management Guide
- Merit Increase Guidlines FY2015
- Employee Separation Process
- Exit Interview Program