Job DescriptionTITLE: Phlebotomist
JOB CODE: 1113
EFFECTIVE DATE: 09/01/09
FLSA STATUS: NE
EEO6 CODE: 5 = Technical/Para Professional
GRADE: Pay Grade 6
PAY PLAN: Annually
PURPOSE: To Perform laboratory functions in the University Health Center, working with patients, doctors, nurses and Health Center staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Collecting blood specimens and other body fluid samples for clinical analysis Order testing in lab information system. Perform skillful phlebotomy procedures in timely manner. Confirms that appropriate paperwork is available for patient. Enters data of patient demographics and lab order instructions Labels patient specimens and paperwork accurately and distributes to appropriate areas of lab. Processes patient specimens. Keeps area stocked with essential supplies. Keeps work area decontaminated with proper cleaning solutions and disposal of wastes and trash in appropriate containers. Files patient lab requisitions. May conduct interviews and takes vital signs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: $education
REQUIRED EDUCATION-OTHER: High School diploma or equivalent. Phlebotomy certification from a recognized continuing education program.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE / COMPETENCIES-OTHER:
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must be proficient with the operation of all equipment utilized by the department necessary to perform assigned duties.
News and Announcements
Benefits and Services
- News About Your Benefits
- UT Arlington Work/Life Balance Resources
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 2012-2013 Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations
- Benefits of Working at UT Arlington
- Employee Tuition Assistance Plan
- IN Reach - Maverick Mentor Program
- Wellness Programs
- Retirees Club
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for Faculty and Staff
- Criminal Background Checks
Compensation and Employee Relations
- Pay Plan and Job Descriptions
- Performance Management Guide
- Merit Increase Guidlines FY2013
- Employee Separation Process (New!)
- Exit Interview Program