Job DescriptionTITLE: Carpenter Leader
JOB CODE: 5232
FLSA STATUS: NE
EEO6 CODE: 6 = Skilled Crafts
GRADE: Pay Grade 8
PAY PLAN: Annually
PURPOSE: To provide advanced journeyman level skills in the performance of carpentry work. Responsible for using hand and power tools in the construction, maintenance and repair of structures, equipment and articles of wood.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Performs general finish carpentry and cabinet work in the alteration, repair and maintenance of floors, roofs, walls, stairways, doors, windows and other structures; operating power saws, planners, jointers and hand tools. Repair and build tables, benches, cabinets, furniture, bookshelves, desks, counters, shower and tub enclosures and other equipment. Lay formica, tile and other coverage. Select wood and cut to size. Sand surfaces, clean, sharpen and repair hand and bench tools. Sharpen saws. Oil machines and perform preventive maintenance work. Cut glass to size and shape. Install glass in windows or openings and glaze it. Check condition of woodwork. Repair and replace door and window screens and hardware. Perform construction projects. Perform related duties as assigned. Perform duties of Carpenter Supervisor during his/her absence.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: $education
REQUIRED EDUCATION-OTHER: High school graduation or 3 years experience.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Five years of skilled/journeyman level carpentry experience including one year in a supervisory capacity. Valid Texas drivers license. Must be accurate in all phases of work performed. Working conditions are considered acceptable, but occasional exposure to inclement weather conditions or to disagreeable elements such as dust, dirt and other hazards of carpentry trade. Alertness and careful attention is required to avoid injury to self and to others. Safety precautions are extremely important around high voltage equipment. Specific job requirements or physical location of positions allocated to this classification render the position security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Section 51.215 Texas Education Code.
News and Announcements
- Join us for UT System Day 2013!
- Outstanding Maverick Awards Program
- New Criminal Background Check Procedure
- University Opens Lactation Rooms
- UT Arlington Named Fit-Friendly Worksite
- Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations for 2013-2014
- Change to Cafeteria Plan
- Tobacco Free
- Retirees Club
- Dearborn National Offers Online Services
- Using Your UT EID and UT Direct Self Service Features
Benefits and Services
- News About Your Benefits
- UT Arlington Work/Life Balance Resources
- Employee Assistance Program
- 2013-2014 Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations
- Benefits of Working at UT Arlington
- Employee Tuition Assistance Plan
- IN Reach - Maverick Mentor Program
- Wellness Programs
- Retirees Club
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for Faculty and Staff
- Criminal Background Checks
Compensation and Employee Relations
- Pay Plan and Job Descriptions
- Performance Management Guide
- Merit Increase Guidlines FY2014
- Employee Separation Process (New!)
- Exit Interview Program