Job DescriptionTITLE: Groundskeeper I
JOB CODE: 5426
FLSA STATUS: NE
EEO6 CODE: 7 = Service Maintenance
GRADE: Pay Grade 2
PAY PLAN: Annually
PURPOSE: This position provides routine semi-skilled work in the care and culture of lawns, plants, and flowers and the maintenance of the grounds. Responsibilities include the care and culture of plants, hedges, grass, trees, and general maintenance of grounds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Performs a combination, but not necessarily all, of the following duties: Cuts grass, using a hand mover, or power mower. Maintains lawns by planting, cultivating and watering grass. The individual will be required to cultivate, prune, trim, transplant, fertilize and water shrubbery, hedges and trees. Grades and prepares ground for planting, plants and maintains flower beds, removes leaves and rubbish from grounds, watches for pests, diseases, or other deteriorating agents, and cuts weeds and brush. Keeps grounds clean and reports broken or leaking hydrants, and faulty sprinkler system equipment. Cleans, and cares for tools, equipment, materials, and supplies used in grounds keeping. Works in greenhouse and nursery. Assists in maintenance of indoor plants. Assists with other departmental activities when needed. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: $education
REQUIRED EDUCATION-OTHER: Completion of the sixth grade, with no additional experience needed.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Ability to properly care for lawns, shrubs, etc., and pay close attention in operating equipment. Ability to operate tractors, cultivators, edger's, power mowers, pesticide application equipment, and other equipment used in grounds maintenance. Alertness and careful attention is required to avoid injury to self and to others. Specific job requirements or physical location of some positions allocated to this classification may render the position security sensitive, and thereby subject to the provisions of section 51.215 Texas Education Code.
News and Announcements
- Join us for UT System Day 2013!
- Outstanding Maverick Awards Program
- New Criminal Background Check Procedure
- University Opens Lactation Rooms
- UT Arlington Named Fit-Friendly Worksite
- Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations for 2013-2014
- Change to Cafeteria Plan
- Tobacco Free
- Retirees Club
- Dearborn National Offers Online Services
- Using Your UT EID and UT Direct Self Service Features
Benefits and Services
- News About Your Benefits
- UT Arlington Work/Life Balance Resources
- Employee Assistance Program
- 2013-2014 Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations
- Benefits of Working at UT Arlington
- Employee Tuition Assistance Plan
- IN Reach - Maverick Mentor Program
- Wellness Programs
- Retirees Club
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for Faculty and Staff
- Criminal Background Checks
Compensation and Employee Relations
- Pay Plan and Job Descriptions
- Performance Management Guide
- Merit Increase Guidlines FY2014
- Employee Separation Process (New!)
- Exit Interview Program