Emergency Management Specialist
Job DescriptionTITLE: Emergency Management Specialist
JOB CODE: 6358
EFFECTIVE DATE: 09/01/09
FLSA STATUS: E
EEO6 CODE: 3 = Professional/Non-faculty
GRADE: Pay Grade 9
PAY PLAN: Annually
PURPOSE: To assist the Emergency Management Coordinator in preparing the UT Arlington campus for emergencies and recovery while maintaining campus operations. Will assist in planning, coordinating, maintaining, and updating the university's Crisis Management Plan including coordination of training programs and emergency operation drills, assisting departments with their emergency and mitigation plans, and assisting with Business Continuity planning processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Will assist in the development and maintenance of the university emergency operations plan and annexes in accordance with published standards. Will assist in preparing and presenting public awareness programs to university staff, faculty, students and alumni. Provide response to campus emergencies, when needed. Assist in planning, implementation, and evaluation of emergency preparedness exercises and drills to test the university's response to a variety of crisis situations. Develop After Action Reports (AAR) to include Lessons Learned and Recommendations. Review and update the Crisis Management Plan. Must understand the National Incident Management System (NIMS) or Incident Command System (ICS) and the four phases of Emergency Management. Will attend local and regional Emergency Management meetings. Responsible for maintaining the ICS certifications from faculty and staff on a spreadsheet and Human Resource database. Provide professional administrative and coordination assistance for the department to include answering telephones, greeting and advising visitors, preparing departmental reports and maintaining databases for written procedures.
REQUIRED EDUCATION-OTHER: Bachelor's degree in Public or Business Administration, Emergency Management or a related degree.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE / COMPETENCIES-OTHER:
INTERNAL CONTROL: Responsible for the design, execution, and effectiveness of a system of internal controls which provides reasonable assurance that department operations are effective and efficient, department assets are safeguarded, department financial information is reliable, and the department complies with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Responsible for the design, execution, and effectiveness of a system of internal controls which provides reasonable assurance that department operations are effective and efficient, department assets are safeguarded, department financial information is reliable, and the department complies with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
News and Announcements
- Join us for UT System Day 2013!
- Outstanding Maverick Awards Program
- New Criminal Background Check Procedure
- University Opens Lactation Rooms
- UT Arlington Named Fit-Friendly Worksite
- Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations for 2013-2014
- Change to Cafeteria Plan
- Tobacco Free
- Retirees Club
- Dearborn National Offers Online Services
- Using Your UT EID and UT Direct Self Service Features
Benefits and Services
- News About Your Benefits
- UT Arlington Work/Life Balance Resources
- Employee Assistance Program
- 2013-2014 Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations
- Benefits of Working at UT Arlington
- Employee Tuition Assistance Plan
- IN Reach - Maverick Mentor Program
- Wellness Programs
- Retirees Club
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for Faculty and Staff
- Criminal Background Checks
Compensation and Employee Relations
- Pay Plan and Job Descriptions
- Performance Management Guide
- Merit Increase Guidlines FY2014
- Employee Separation Process (New!)
- Exit Interview Program