Job DescriptionTITLE: Housekeeper II
JOB CODE: 6240
FLSA STATUS: NE
EEO6 CODE: 7 = Service Maintenance
GRADE: Pay Grade 3
PAY PLAN: Annually
PURPOSE: To supervise and participate in custodial maintenance and related work. Responsible for scheduling and assigning the work of a crew of custodial workers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervises and participates in cleaning schedules for particular residence. Dusts, mops, sweeps, wet mops and spray buffs floors. Vacuums rugs, carpets, furniture, and drapes. Shampoos carpets. Sanitizes and cleans restrooms, washes waste receptacles and replenishes paper supplies. Dusts, cleans and polishes furniture. Cleans walls, doors, windows, woodwork and stairwells. Strips wax, refinishes and scrubs floors using appropriate machines. Cleans stoves and refrigerators. Washes windows, vents and radiators. Monitors supply usage, equipment maintenance and report any building repairs needed. Assists in maintaining inventory of materials, supplies and equipment. Performs day-to-day cleaning duties, as well as other related duties as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: $education
REQUIRED EDUCATION-OTHER: High School Graduation or GED.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Three years experience in custodial work. Thoroughness in performing duties, following oral and written instructions. Working conditions are considered acceptable, but involves exposure to one or more disagreeable elements such as dust, dirt cleaning chemicals and fumes. Alertness and careful attention is required to avoid injury to self and others. Specific job requirements or physical location of some positions allocated to this classification, may render the position security sensitive, and thereby subject to the provisions of Section 51.215 Texas Education Code.
News and Announcements
- Join us for UT System Day 2013!
- Outstanding Maverick Awards Program
- New Criminal Background Check Procedure
- University Opens Lactation Rooms
- UT Arlington Named Fit-Friendly Worksite
- Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations for 2013-2014
- Change to Cafeteria Plan
- Tobacco Free
- Retirees Club
- Dearborn National Offers Online Services
- Using Your UT EID and UT Direct Self Service Features
Benefits and Services
- News About Your Benefits
- UT Arlington Work/Life Balance Resources
- Employee Assistance Program
- 2013-2014 Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations
- Benefits of Working at UT Arlington
- Employee Tuition Assistance Plan
- IN Reach - Maverick Mentor Program
- Wellness Programs
- Retirees Club
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for Faculty and Staff
- Criminal Background Checks
Compensation and Employee Relations
- Pay Plan and Job Descriptions
- Performance Management Guide
- Merit Increase Guidlines FY2014
- Employee Separation Process (New!)
- Exit Interview Program