Library Assistant II
Job DescriptionTITLE: Library Assistant II
JOB CODE: 8070
FLSA STATUS: NE
EEO6 CODE: 4 = Secretarial/Clerical
GRADE: Pay Grade 6
PAY PLAN: Annually
PURPOSE: Responsible for performing duties requiring mid-level operational skills, independent judgment, general knowledge of library practices and procedures and significant knowledge in understanding of theory behind the practice of a specific area of the Library to accomplish specialized routines within that area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Disseminates accurate information to inform users of Library and University policies and procedures through direct contact with users; provides instruction to enable Library clientele to use the online catalog and other automated tools for locating needed materials; communicates effectively with faculty, students, staff, and other institutions and departments; receives and evaluates materials requested for reserve reading or interlibrary loan. Monitors the library facility and reports equipment, security, and repair needs through efficient communication. Updates and creates records in support of circulation, cataloging, reserve, interlibrary loan, acquisitions, reference, and instruction. Locates sources and orders materials requested by bibliographers and communicates effectively using e-mail, telephone, and FAX. Searches OCLC, the local library system, and other databases to select records for catalog activities. Interviews, hires, and trains student workers and or LAI's. Also, responsible for performance appraisals and discharges, if necessary. Compiles statistics and writes reports on the operations of a unit to support the administrative needs of the department. Attends meetings and represents the unit or the department through effective discussion, oral, and/or written presentation; contributes to planning and the establishment of policy and procedure for a specific area in the unit or department.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: $education
REQUIRED EDUCATION-OTHER: High School graduation or GED.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE / COMPETENCIES-OTHER:
INTERNAL CONTROL: Within the scope of position duties, responsible for seeing that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, reliable financial data is maintained, and applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures are followed.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Related experience includes performing functions which involve data interpretation, information provision, customer service, data input, problem resolution, and a variety of complex clerical procedures. These duties may have been performed in a library setting, office setting, or some other appropriate setting. For public service positions (i.e. those positions involving direct user interactions), customer service experience will be given additional weight. Usual library conditions. Some positions may require night and/or weekend work. Some positions may have special requirements for lifting, bending, reaching, moving book trucks, and may include exposure to book mold and dust. Accurate keyboarding is required. Accuracy in spelling, entering facts and figures, and giving verbal information. Proficiency in all phases of the duties performed.
News and Announcements
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) Resources
- 2014 Performance Review Memorandum
- Join us for UT System Day 2013!
- Outstanding Maverick Awards Program
- New Criminal Background Check Procedure
- University Opens Lactation Rooms
- UT Arlington Named Fit-Friendly Worksite
- Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations for 2013-2014
- Change to Cafeteria Plan
- Tobacco Free
- Retirees Club
- Dearborn National Offers Online Services
- Using Your UT EID and UT Direct Self Service Features
Benefits and Services
- Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- News About Your Benefits
- UT Arlington Work/Life Balance Resources
- Employee Assistance Program
- 2013-2014 Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations
- Benefits of Working at UT Arlington
- Employee Tuition Assistance Plan
- IN Reach - Maverick Mentor Program
- Wellness Programs
- Retirees Club
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for Faculty and Staff
- Criminal Background Checks
Compensation and Employee Relations
- Pay Plan and Job Descriptions
- Performance Management Guide
- Merit Increase Guidlines FY2014
- Employee Separation Process (New!)
- Exit Interview Program