Job DescriptionTITLE: Contract Specialist
JOB CODE: 9819
FLSA STATUS: NE
EEO6 CODE: Choose...
GRADE: Pay Grade 11
PAY PLAN: Annually
PURPOSE: To assist in the preparation and submission of contractual agreements. Responsible for providing assistance in the preparation, submission, review and management of contractual agreements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Assists departmental manager or contract administrator and other contract staff in the preparation and submission of contractual agreements between Physical Plant and construction contractors and Professional Service Providers. Assists in the planning, development, award, and on-going management of complex construction or service contracts and proposals. Assists in the development of administrative procedures designed to comply with appropriate federal, state, local, and University regulations affecting construction or service contracts. Performs non-standard, complex, technical, and statistical duties. Conducts technical reviews of contracts and related documents. Verifies contract data. Compiles information from contractor bid proposals and bid specifications in the preparation of contracts to include mathematical equations, specialized tables and complex contractual language. Inputs, edits, stores, retrieves, formats, prints, and accumulates a variety of documents and reports that relate to contract development and contractor performance. Processes and creates initial contract agreements, required insurance and bonds, project checklists, encumbrances, notices to proceed, change orders, field orders, pay requests, and a variety of other documents. Interacts with staff, clients, and outside contractors on contractual inquiries and contract performance. Serves as Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB) Coordinator for the department. Performs related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: $education
REQUIRED EDUCATION-OTHER: Bachelor's Degree in related discipline.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE / COMPETENCIES-OTHER:
News and Announcements
- Join us for UT System Day 2013!
- Outstanding Maverick Awards Program
- New Criminal Background Check Procedure
- University Opens Lactation Rooms
- UT Arlington Named Fit-Friendly Worksite
- Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations for 2013-2014
- Change to Cafeteria Plan
- Tobacco Free
- Retirees Club
- Dearborn National Offers Online Services
- Using Your UT EID and UT Direct Self Service Features
Benefits and Services
- News About Your Benefits
- UT Arlington Work/Life Balance Resources
- Employee Assistance Program
- 2013-2014 Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations
- Benefits of Working at UT Arlington
- Employee Tuition Assistance Plan
- IN Reach - Maverick Mentor Program
- Wellness Programs
- Retirees Club
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for Faculty and Staff
- Criminal Background Checks
Compensation and Employee Relations
- Pay Plan and Job Descriptions
- Performance Management Guide
- Merit Increase Guidlines FY2014
- Employee Separation Process (New!)
- Exit Interview Program