Job DescriptionTITLE: Information Analyst
JOB CODE: 9348
FLSA STATUS: NE
EEO6 CODE: 3 = Professional/Non-faculty
GRADE: Pay Grade 9
PAY PLAN: Annually
PURPOSE: To provide communication, organizational, and technical skills and business knowledge in the development of information systems. Responsible for using discretion and independent judgment in the identification and definition of client needs, and the application of design and programming techniques in the development and medication of information systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Works with departmental management and personnel to define problems and management requirements. Reviews business processes, and analyzes existing procedures and systems. Documents client needs and automated procedures and works with management and departmental personnel to improve business processes. Participates with managers, clients, systems analysts, and other information analysts in the design of information systems. Solicits and interprets client request, and proposed alternatives appropriate in the broader context of university procedures, goals, and automated systems technology. Teaches, directs, and supervises clients in the uses of information systems and is responsible for the effective use of systems by clients. Modifies existing programs and writes new programs to support information exchange and administrative activities, and bears direct responsibility for system performance. Reviews programs and systems written by others. Establishes test procedures and tests and debugs programs. Performs related duties as required. Evaluates software and hardware tools. Advises and assists in the selection and installation of tools. Develops training programs and materials. Has responsibility for project planning, scheduling, and meeting project deadlines. Supervised all aspects of maintaining or developing an information system function.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: $education
REQUIRED EDUCATION-OTHER: Bachelor's degree and some experience in the use of an automated integrated business information system.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: General familiarity with the use of computers.. Exacting accuracy is required in ah phases of work performed. Conditions associated with a computing installation. May require working for extended periods. Specific job requirements or physical location of positions allocated to this classification render the position security sensitive, and thereby subject to the provisions of Section 51.215 Texas Education Code.
News and Announcements
- Join us for UT System Day 2013!
- Outstanding Maverick Awards Program
- New Criminal Background Check Procedure
- University Opens Lactation Rooms
- UT Arlington Named Fit-Friendly Worksite
- Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations for 2013-2014
- Change to Cafeteria Plan
- Tobacco Free
- Retirees Club
- Dearborn National Offers Online Services
- Using Your UT EID and UT Direct Self Service Features
Benefits and Services
- News About Your Benefits
- UT Arlington Work/Life Balance Resources
- Employee Assistance Program
- 2013-2014 Holiday Schedule and Vacation Regulations
- Benefits of Working at UT Arlington
- Employee Tuition Assistance Plan
- IN Reach - Maverick Mentor Program
- Wellness Programs
- Retirees Club
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for Faculty and Staff
- Criminal Background Checks
Compensation and Employee Relations
- Pay Plan and Job Descriptions
- Performance Management Guide
- Merit Increase Guidlines FY2014
- Employee Separation Process (New!)
- Exit Interview Program